Create an account

Please ensure that you clear your cookies for the site before trying to log in; until cookies are cleared you will experience issues logging/remaining logged in. (April 07, 2020) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello Saber Wing

Hello Saber Wing,

My friends know me online as fOrGe, and from the little I know of you folks I'm sure we'll be just that. Let me introduce myself...

Retired XvT fighter ace, having served with OMEGA Squadron, and friend of Jedi Dervish, I have settled across the stars numerous times. A drifter of sorts, the port of the day is the port of the hour, but like all travelers I deal with information and loyalty. I started off my online services to the Empire, but soon realized the errors of their ways and looked for a refuge. I found that with a squadron of former Imperial Pilots, who fled the service after Endor. Together we engaged in many anti-pirate raids throughout our sector, battlestats.com.

As the service was starting to age, and our ranks dwindle I found the need to move on. That decision landed me on Bria for a very short stay, as once again the Imperial efforts still had my name listed. I was not welcomed on that server as a new face, so within a month I was also out of that game.

The Jedi do not believe in luck, but since I am no force adapt I would say there is something to be said about luck existing. Because a few years later I would stumble across Dervish, in a remote part of space (cyber space). In time our general acquaintance would form into a friendship, and we would learn of each others past within our cultures - Star Wars.

To that end, I have found my way to your door step. While distant memories of services provided to the rebellion echo day after day, I found myself looking for other survivors. And here I am...

Smile
"If you cannot recognize the man in the mirror, it is time to step back and see when you stopped being yourself." --Hal Horn

Any friend of the Whirling Dervish is a friend of ours. Do you still play SWG? If so we reside on Starsider and would love to have another in the fight against the Imps.

If SWG isn't your cup of tea, many of us play Vanguard as well, and most os us would love a game of XvT or Jedi Knight. We have a teamspeak server we use for out of game communication and we would be happy to provide you access to that as well.
"Return with Honor."-Saberwing motto.

Good ole Forge Tongue

I'm too tired to RP at the moment ...
[Image: dervish9bp.jpg]

"Don't be deceived by appearances, Luke. Wookiees aren't simply big shaggy humanoids. They have an ancient culture with subtleties of its own. They are creatures with close ties to nature, and a great affinity in their own way, for the Force." Obi-Wan "Ben" Kenobi, on Wookiees. (Star Wars: A New Hope Audio Drama)

Thanks Starfire!

No, I no longer play SWG. I managed to down a few Tie's in Dervishes bulking ship not long after NGE rolled out. A few of us just had to try it out I guess.

I too am in Vanguard, with my current Guild. We are located on Floryndale, and as it happens I'm the head honcho until our esteemed 'leader' returns.

Likewise, XvT is something an old friend of mine were discussing the other night. We had contemplated making a return in the next WoW (Week of War - before Warcraft tarnished that acronym) Tongue Imagine this, two returning Squads to WoW with perhaps some skilled pilots wanting to pounce on the vape bait that claims they're the new XvT veterans? I think that would prove either completely disastrous, or a complete one-two knock out for Squads like TFA, TRA, EH and so on. Either way, I'm sure there will be laughs to be had.
"If you cannot recognize the man in the mirror, it is time to step back and see when you stopped being yourself." --Hal Horn

What's wrong with World of Warcraft? :tongue:

How do you get vanguard
* SBR_Scythe tosses RSFS_Cheif a Coke
<SBRLestat> a sprite for me scythe
<SBR_Starfire> Hey Scythe, I'll have a cock
<SBR_Starfire> oh my god
<SBR_Starfire> I'm never going to live that one down am I?
<SBR_Scythe> nope

Buy it, but be warned, it's not as great as they say it is, plus it's a massive system hog, you need a high end machine to run it

Quote:Originally posted by Mario Genao11
How do you get vanguard

Try gamestop if they have it where you are, or, order it from some game retailing website.
[Image: dervish9bp.jpg]

"Don't be deceived by appearances, Luke. Wookiees aren't simply big shaggy humanoids. They have an ancient culture with subtleties of its own. They are creatures with close ties to nature, and a great affinity in their own way, for the Force." Obi-Wan "Ben" Kenobi, on Wookiees. (Star Wars: A New Hope Audio Drama)

I think I still have some budy keys left if you want to give it a try for free. It is a 20gig download though.
[Image: image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19&dateline=1208027303]

Quote:Originally posted by Meryl Haddox
Buy it, but be warned, it's not as great as they say it is, plus it's a massive system hog, you need a high end machine to run it

While I agree, it isn't everything and a bag of potato chips, its still a very fun game.. but more to my point:

What's wrong with World of Warcraft? :tongue:

..ahem =p

Need I say more? Wink
[Image: sig.jpg]

I get more satisfaction playing WoW then I do playing Galaxies, need I say more? :tongue: , besides, Blizzard has yet to screw over their fan base, unlike SOE :lol:

I get more satisfaction playing WoW then I do playing Galaxies, need I say more? :tongue: , besides, Blizzard has yet to screw over their fan base, unlike SOE :lol:

One can also find satisfaction I hear in masturbating with a cheese grater. It isn't necessarily a good thing Tongue
[Image: sig.jpg]

would say currently that vanguard is way above any other mmo's around currently... havent been able to fill in some quality time in VG this week though got a weekend off (when not sitting on the laptop earning a fortune)

Sorta nice to see new people around here though, ok I will attempt to stop making sense... so I will say it plain and easy VG > any mmo =)

I think that constitutes a problem Nis, if your attempting to use a cheese grater to pleasure yourself I think you need intensive help. And say what you will about WoW, I'm having fun in it, RPing sucks in it, too kiddish, but myself and various others from Galaxies are having some fun questing and hitting dungeons.

Quote:Originally posted by QuorTek
would say currently that vanguard is way above any other mmo's around currently... havent been able to fill in some quality time in VG this week though got a weekend off (when not sitting on the laptop earning a fortune)

Sorta nice to see new people around here though, ok I will attempt to stop making sense... so I will say it plain and easy VG > any mmo =)

To be honest, I would say that VSOH is the Xbox to MMO's. I've always been poor with analogy's but hear me out...

Like the Xbox, having been produced by Microsoft, VG comes to the front with a 'gamer shaky' name; SOE. VG has tough competition out there, in the likes of WOW (especially with the recent expansion - or so I'm told), and the old - but ever growing EVE Online (which I happened to be addicted to for awhile). The in terms of rivals, WOW, EVE, and a few others which (imho) are die'n off, are very much holding onto their player base like the Playstation and Nintendo users are.

It's funny now that I think of it, because MS lost the production rights to VG to SOE, but yet I'm comparing products. Regardless, what has been said so far is true; the game is a system hog. You'll need a good video card, and I would personally recommend 2GB of RAM.

If you ask me, this is SOE's last best hope to redeem their image in the eyes of 'hardcore' gamers; regardless if they play VG or not - word will spread like wild fire.

I enjoy the game, a lot. I don't think it is as unique as they would like us to believe, but neither was Counter Strike, or StarCraft. They were, and still are, good games. I enjoy a good game.

Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Next Gen Saber is Born DDD 9 5,618 01-19-2012, 06:45 PM
Last Post: Jayce
  Mmmm, flying X-Wing Brasidus 2 2,941 10-03-2007, 01:17 AM
Last Post: Meparch
  ok I got my Advanced X-wing Cillian Harth 2 3,007 02-06-2007, 11:38 PM
Last Post: QuorTek
  New X wing Pallos 0 3,274 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Free: Wing Commander III Hanak 0 2,768 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  THEY ARE MAKING A &@&$ING X-WING MOVIE SBR_Scythe 0 2,991 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: