Create an account

Please ensure that you clear your cookies for the site before trying to log in; until cookies are cleared you will experience issues logging/remaining logged in. (April 07, 2020) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone of you guys ever was into Neverwinter nights?

Just curious since I digged up the game again and started building a mod for it, aired my idealogy at the GL boards already and wondering if any of you also has been related to this game.

And maybe interested in picking it up again =)

Boy do I!!! I remember the level Kat had built for GL - it was hillarious!
[Image: BRQ8v.gif]

Never played it, but I hear the tool set for modding is one of the best out there.
[Image: image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19&dateline=1208027303]

it is you can make rather amazing things, but one thing stands clear once you got the game + expansions you don't have to pay ever again for ANYTHING, but also being free to build your own world with the toolset the game provides, think about it, it might be a rather old game, but for sure something with a bite on and D&D based as well.

It requires some work though but can be done easy enough with a little bit of sense into scripting and building world, and of course 1000s of options and stuff you can use that others has made.

I've played both NWN and NWN2. Fun games. Wish I had gotten NWN1 earlier and gotten into the multiplayer world stuff.
[Image: sig.jpg]

far from a dead game in fact lol, the nwn1 thrieves more well than what people really know of Tongue

AND now a day people making RPG kinda games always are the same look at the MMO's... it is like they are telling me to come and play conan or whatever else MMO that is pretty much the same to what I already play except for having some new gfx and ways of doing the things.

JUST wondering if anyone would be interested in picking up on Neverwinter Nights and well make something for ourself along side with eg Ghost Legion, old friends from my nwn days and what more.

I've got NWN2 and NWN2 : Mask of the Betrayer

I played with the Mod tools that came with NWN once. It was a very robust system capable of making some very unique stories..

I found though that it would take an obscene amount of my time to put together and have a play experience that met my standards(I have very high standards for anything that I put together). It would be very easy and pleasing for me to dedicate 110% my time to write, and perfect a game world with its own back-story, with every conceivable detail perfected.

Alas though, I must eat, and not getting paid to do that mean I would die of starvation long before I finished Sad

I do have a masterpiece game in mind, which I will start to write, and code in earnest when I have the time, personal finances, development team, and rich investors, to put it together. I am hoping to lay the ground work for the software company sometime within the next 10 years.

cool doc, are you cool at scripting in some sort of way?

since I am a keen learner I got a very robust portal system working just the other day, as for game worlds in general, it is easy enough to make the areas, monsters, and setting up encounter triggers etc alongside with 100s of other options.

bleh oh well lol.

Anyhow this thing here offers a posibility to make a player made world, got around 70 to 80 areas and stuff I need made in between, but I SUCK at scripting lol, would be nice to get a better understanding on how to make a quest script work for different side scripts in between the casual grinding (took me 3 days to find out in how to make this darn portal system it is advanced and works by tags by items in game to reduce use of memory as much as posible as well power it takes to generate the option)

eg. on the placeable it react with I for an instance added a variable cityname -string - Port Llast in which way the dialog would follow that standard when using the item to open up the posibilities to travel to.

also so each portal needs to be named Portal1-2-3 and the with the portal cityname attached to it.

so portal1 orb1 is there tags but can be named Solarain Portal and the orb Port Llast orb to have order in which you got in your inventory where the variabel would show the name in the device you need to use to activate the portal would generate.

I would certainly love any forms of posible help in at least scripting if you could assist in it doc, in return ill grant you a world you can run around in with other people around in it for grand adventures and more Smile

I am basically reviewing an old Ghost Legion made mod, making my own content in it, and getting some cool stuff from another mod I used to play in but died a year ago, and starting on a fresh again, with some old elements, some new elements and maybe even some unique elements.

Meryl Haddox Wrote:I've got NWN2 and NWN2 : Mask of the Betrayer

Helping a guy with developing a nwn2 mod as well, the nwn1 mod is my spare time project

http://z3.invisionfree.com/The_Immortals...hp?act=idx

is the website for it, it is up and running as it is now, not a hell of alot of content yet, my grandest kudos in this mod is my skill for building worlds with a keen eye of details, exterrior areas is my expertise, as well as item maker and monster builder.

(add some very minor scripting, complete noob in that)

I still play NWN now and again, futz around in the single player. Being poor, didn't get NWN2 (it was that or Factions at Xmas...which do YOU think?) That GL one was indeed the shit though. I'd play if it was there.

well scy, building a world currently, and well it turns out to be good, will host it when I got some more implented it should run at 24/7 with a daily reset, but I need to get it more ready than just the 7 first levels in which pretty much is covered.

It is a difficult mod to play, not going to make any sort of easy ways and easy ways found will be eliminated through a process and exploiting loopholes would be ban reason, if one would find one report it in so it can be done something about with a future fix.

as for now there is 1 to 3 hours of content based on quests, but well I need help with standard merchants and such lol, it takes forever to fill those out, as well as general development of monsters that would be mean especially the boss ones.

I have excluded one feat that is devestating critical hits mainly because if it hits and you get a good roll against the opponents fortitude you will oneshot the target, in which I find overpowered as in I allow critical hits against the bosses I make but making them rough as hell, then I do not want to see some smarty pants weapons master one hit killing one, that would just make me having to make any target not being able to get a critical hit on it, so much easier to just script out so the feat cannot be taken.

Else a working portal system is up, a death script which means you get transfered to the underworld, loose gold and xp for a return option.

Minor stuff added, doors auto closed more areas linked together.

The areas needs to be colonized by NPC's, 1 or 5 more quests before leading to the first core of the world in which should lead to many places in general, but enough about that it is a long journey and making a world is not an easy task

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hey guys, I need some help with my neverwinter nights mod (general names) QuorTek 7 4,337 03-24-2008, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Starfire
  Sorry Guys Jayce 5 3,901 05-05-2007, 01:15 AM
Last Post: Sonic