Create an account

Please ensure that you clear your cookies for the site before trying to log in; until cookies are cleared you will experience issues logging/remaining logged in. (April 07, 2020) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Assassins Creed - not completely impressed

Well bought this game for the PC... the Enemies are plain easy had expected more on the AI side, especially because UBISOFT got alot of harsh games with alot of content in.

Well the enemies walks up on paths and follows one to the rooftops which is cool and all and you can escape plain easy, though I usually kill everyone that has taken pursuit of me up there to lose the agro that way but I don't really feel like an assassin, yes you have to sneak in once and a whike which is plain easy and stab them with the hidden knife which is rather fun, but at every boss level where you have to assassinate a target of importance you get to fight all of them that is present.

Take Jerusalem, had to kill some guy that was going to execute everyone, but well had like 20 targets that was onto me, so I stood there with my dagger in parry mode and simply liquidated each one of the targets whenever they attacked, have to say it is way to easy because I got away with it easy enough, parry + deathblow and they died one by one as it is easy to stand your ground ( I LOVE THE MOVES )

But it soon gets trivial because any encounter leads out to be you being a one man army, they don't even hear footsteps when you run in for the kill, eg. archers on the rooftop it is like jumping from roof top to roof top stabbing them in the back.

If you really want an assassination game, then I would have to say that Assassins Creed is not one, but merely a fight game where in each thing you got to do is trivial, every level you have to help the same civilians with the same thing over and over again, that in other words does not leave to assassination but rather an open pit fight where the guards jumps in one by one, maneged to quick assassinate 3 out of 4 targets before they even knew what was going on, and then the city guards + the remaining ones that mocked the civilian gets onto you and once again into defensive/offensive mode where you take them out one by one.

Templars that is supposed to be hard enemies gets trivial fast too, they agro if they see you are easy to sneak in on as well to deliver a deathblow or simply play around with them in 1 vs 1 combat, I have to say they could had done better for sure.

Final notes, if you plan on buying this game don't, rent it for the weekend and complete it over a weekend, overall you can go through all the content fast if you got a sharp eye on what the opponents do, and would be worth the cash by that as it is as for speaking rental.

I have to say that the fighting is awesome though and the way the animations go, the special moves and more, graphics wise it is held back by the lower quality the Xbox can perform if you ask me in which is a shame, the textures looks like something I have seen before and by comparing to other games I have to say it could had been done better as well, gameplay wise you get alot of action, but it soon gets trivial because everything you got to do you have done before, and is the same set of missions over and over again.

Final thing... the City bums/geeks are plain annoying lol Tongue

EDIT:

OR it could be me who to much of an assassin once and while with different situations :/

Assassin's Creed..

"I don't judge people. That's God's job. I just arrange the meeting."

Sonic Wrote:Assassin's Creed..

"I don't judge people. That's God's job. I just arrange the meeting."

Or

"We never miss an appointment"

and now stick the pocket philosophy back into your pants Tongue

the game sucks.. completed it in 10 hours if not less time, and not anything assassin about it at all!

You should've read a review or three before you bought it, or even simply asked and I could've directed you to several rather good reviews....

I liked it for what it was. Sure the AI is easy and what not but I can see the game play aspects being carried over to other games which is what is really interesting anyways.
[Image: sig.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  And now for something completely different Meryl Haddox 3 3,348 03-01-2007, 12:48 PM
Last Post: Meryl Haddox