Create an account

Please ensure that you clear your cookies for the site before trying to log in; until cookies are cleared you will experience issues logging/remaining logged in. (April 07, 2020) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking an ID software nerd...

Well dusted off Enemy Territory Quake Wars... and wondering in how to get the damn joystick working since they brag about it in one of there patches that it is an option now a day.

OK... don't get me wrong.. far from a nub.. I run with a huge programable stick as it is counting CH Products Combat stick and Pro Throttle in the setup.. and I fully understand the combo program as well as individual way of programming the stick 100% (such as letting it work as a mouse to emulate an original stick in games not supporting sticks and the likes)

But I want it to do it the way it is supposed to be now with the above game, mainly due to it would work much much better... and make it easier to advance program the options for flight as well as certain vehicles where it would be a nice feature..... but the support sides and guides out there seem to grant me a headache... and probably a helpfull soul as well since the game does not actually support 6 or 8 axis systems in which I guess would work out with that thing that they claim to have implented in patch 1.4 and which should be in version 1.5 as well (the one I am running) so going after what they claim to say basically.

What setup the stick is in is throttle + stick.... options I got to play around with adding flight pedals/rudder as well... and even got a fligth yoke... so yes am a sim nerd Tongue

sounds like Quor could use that old flight sim , Falcon 4.0 .

Dunno... anyhow if you know of a very nice chopper combat simulator then let me know... more difficult to fly one of those as it is Tongue

Meanwhile probably going to attack Descent 3 or something..

I have a copy of that. That's an old game.
"Return with Honor."-Saberwing motto.

Starfire Wrote:I have a copy of that. That's an old game.

Actually it is not, it runs the Console kind of way sort of.. which means the same kind of GFX and layout we use today because of outdated Console systems Tongue

Are we talking about the same game? Maybe I'm thinking of the original Descent. When did part 3 come out?
"Return with Honor."-Saberwing motto.

Was originally speaking of Enemy Territory Quake Wars, related to that that the GFX in that one is pretty much the same as the new games because of the console market.... yet though got Descent 3 downloaded, so prolly playing around with that soon enough as well.