Create an account

Please ensure that you clear your cookies for the site before trying to log in; until cookies are cleared you will experience issues logging/remaining logged in. (April 07, 2020) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Update 16

Hanak (or whoever else is playing)...

What do you think of game update 16? When I did my come back trial thingy the game looked like it was getting better again, and 16 looks sort of neat. Especially since space has a little effect now on the GCW...little as it may be...

I've only had time to hop in quick to check things out.

One of the cool things I saw was something I suggested literally years ago. You can now do /spacepvp (I think that's it) and for 15 sec you have to be still, then 30 sec you can move while your radar marker blinks until you go Special Forces in space. I absolutely love that freedom too. They did this, and added special bonuses for certain ship parts/rewards. Nym's has been revamped and sounds sweet. And I forget what other awesomeness they added.

I am so eager to check it out - but I am just swamped - teaching 4 different classes, 9 hours of graduate hours, research on top of all of this, presenting at conferences, writting 2 papers each about 9 pgs, grading, job interviews, and accepting a job! which I just got teaching 8th grade algebra in town.
[Image: BRQ8v.gif]

Jayce Wrote:Hanak (or whoever else is playing)...

What do you think of game update 16? When I did my come back trial thingy the game looked like it was getting better again, and 16 looks sort of neat. Especially since space has a little effect now on the GCW...little as it may be...

I believe it is 20-30% of planet GCW score is from space.

Hmm if you really want GCW it is space only and you need to team up with a full group and use one Multi passenger ship... I think I wrote a guide about it... anyhow with the method mentioned in teh guide and a full crew then a couple of hours a week doing the thing would more than enough cover the GCW need by a group effort.

It requires discipline to do it as well, so you must wonder about certain aspects playing the game that is best of being left planet side.

Dunno Q ... I wouldn't argue against the Epic master D'hors . He's on a roll today . Despite it being well April fools' day an all Tongue .

I didn't feel the need to reply to Quortek as I felt it didn't follow what I was talking about at all.

I believe Quortek's title should be 'Non-sequitur'.

It has nothing to do with earning GCW, it has to do with control of planets and the benefits and changes that happen in cities on those planets. The point is space now contributes to planetary factional control.

it's the minor details like this . that soe should have put into the game 5 years ago ... but it's soe with a skeleton crew of inept monkies for developers so can't expect a picaso .

kateria Wrote:it's the minor details like this . that soe should have put into the game 5 years ago ... but it's soe with a skeleton crew of inept monkies for developers so can't expect a picaso .

I wouldn't go Picaso about it, it would be too abstract for them people playing... Maybe Leonardo Da Vinci.

His flying machine actually worked out, it has been tested in the modern age actually.

So how is the weather in Paris today? :mep:
[Image: image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19&dateline=1208027303]

It's almost 5 o'clock.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Latest Update: Fishing Hanak 12 7,425 02-17-2011, 12:00 PM
Last Post: QuorTek
  Game Update 9 Hanak 28 12,283 06-06-2009, 08:29 PM
Last Post: kateria
  GU 9: Ship Update! Hanak 9 5,286 04-14-2009, 04:43 PM
Last Post: QuorTek
  What are you looking for in game? Mikee 10 5,711 01-27-2009, 12:05 AM
Last Post: kateria
  Ex Lead Game Designer for SWG commits suicide NightFire 5 4,028 10-03-2008, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Zombie