Create an account

Please ensure that you clear your cookies for the site before trying to log in; until cookies are cleared you will experience issues logging/remaining logged in. (April 07, 2020) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thought I'd share this.

So I've been playing on SWGEmu lately, and as I returned from running missions outside of Mos Eisley, I stopped and took this screenshot. I'm sure you all have seen something like it before, but regardless, here it is.

[Image: screenShot0035.jpg]

Makes me miss the game Sad

Makes me wanna turn up your graphics settings =P

It probably looks bad because the image size was reduced. It looks better in the larger version Tongue

Edit: Actually, looking at it, the screenshot I have does look like crap, not sure why. But meh, you're meant to focus more on the twin suns setting through the dust storm.

It is a decade old engine, so you have to cut is some slack. Of course you will lose hq textures from a distances. If Bioware hired the same guys that did the SWG engine and graphics for TOR, TOR will be a fine looking game. SWG was a pretty game for its time considering they tried to dumb it down as much they could so more people could play it with lesser machines. I think smart phones are more powerful these days than the computers intended to play SWG.
[Image: image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19&dateline=1208027303]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gq6eaMTQWI

Anyone remember this? It makes me tear up a bit sometimes...mostly in anger at what SOE screwed up.

Well it's undoubtedly been seen, this was a video the Emu team put together back in 2006.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24W_AjBTyWM

As a side note, any professions you guys recommend after I master TK? Anything fun?

Swordsman goes really well with Teras Kasi

Well I'm trying to unlock Jedi, and all that's really known is that it's unlocked through badges. I'm gathering POI badges right now, but I'm still at "You barely feel something different about yourself". So I figure I may have to master a whole bunch of proffs for badges too.

Edit: After giving it some thought, I think I'll go MPistoleer/MSmuggler.

I'm amazed they haven't shut this down yet. Where do you get it? I miss the old game.
"Return with Honor."-Saberwing motto.

There's not much they CAN do to shut it down. SWGEmu is non-profit, and they require you to own the discs, and have the retail version installed to play. If you try using the trial version, and they find out, it's a perma-ban.

As for playing, just download the Launchpad Enhanced from this site. Does everything for you.

http://lpe.ocdsoft.com/

Edit: I should note there still isn't much you can do at this current time. You can grind up professions, get buffs, take missions from the mission terminals, and they hold PvP events regurlarly. Jedi is also in-game, but there doesn't appear to be a single set path, but rather it's different for everyone. Things like housing, space, faction points, and quests are not added yet, but if you just wanna grind through professions and try to relive the old days, go for it.

Quinlin Wrote:Well I'm trying to unlock Jedi, and all that's really known is that it's unlocked through badges. I'm gathering POI badges right now, but I'm still at "You barely feel something different about yourself". So I figure I may have to master a whole bunch of proffs for badges too.

Edit: After giving it some thought, I think I'll go MPistoleer/MSmuggler.

That was one of my favorite combos.. add a novice commando to that and you get the Rocket Pistol to give AoE effect to your pistol skills

I'll look into that, Doc. Sounds like it could be...A BLAST! ...No? Okay...

On another note, the Rebellion finally won the war last night. A PvP was held in Mos espa, where Chewbacca and the Emperor were both spawned as well. Chewbacca was still standing when it was over, but the Emperor?

[Image: screenShot0041.jpg]

Oh... GOD.. Are those... Are those WOUNDS on your HAM... Is that a HAM BAR!?

Why yes....Yes they are/that is...