Create an account

Please ensure that you clear your cookies for the site before trying to log in; until cookies are cleared you will experience issues logging/remaining logged in. (April 07, 2020) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone have famous historical descendants?

If so post about them i'm bored Tongue

Mine is Sir Christopher Wren (on my mother's side of the family) famous for being one of the world's famous architects in history who was the designer of 52 churches even St. Paul's Cathedral in London England after the Great Fire of London of 1666 destroyed the better half of the old cathedral, he is also one of the founders of the Royal Society.

Beats me.. On my father's side, our family had a castle in the UK, somewhere, but other than that I don't know of any famous, or infamous, relatives. I hope to become famous one day, if that helps.. If I can't achieve that, it's easy to become infamous =P

I had a few that had the same name as Presidents, some that came over on the Mayflower, Germanic princes/estate holders, and wealthy tobacco plantation farmers. That's all I can think of off the top of my head.
[Image: BRQ8v.gif]

Cillian Harth Wrote:If so post about them i'm bored Tongue

Mine is Sir Christopher Wren (on my mother's side of the family) famous for being one of the world's famous architects in history who was the designer of 52 churches even St. Paul's Cathedral in London England after the Great Fire of London of 1666 destroyed the better half of the old cathedral, he is also one of the founders of the Royal Society.

I saw this and found it quite hillarious - "Trivia: At one time Wren was credited with the design of the King's House at Newmarket. The attribution gave rise to an apocryphal story in which Charles II, who was over six feet tall, complained about the low ceilings. Wren, who was not so tall, replied that "they were high enough", at which the king crouched down until he was on a level with his Surveyor and strutted about saying, "Ay, Ay, Sir Christopher, I think they are high enough."[19]"

Hanak Wrote:I saw this and found it quite hillarious - "Trivia: At one time Wren was credited with the design of the King's House at Newmarket. The attribution gave rise to an apocryphal story in which Charles II, who was over six feet tall, complained about the low ceilings. Wren, who was not so tall, replied that "they were high enough", at which the king crouched down until he was on a level with his Surveyor and strutted about saying, "Ay, Ay, Sir Christopher, I think they are high enough."[19]"

LOL Wren and King Charles II seemed to have a good sense of humor

Please, I have everyone beat. I share my name with the guy who played Moff Jerjerrod, the death star commander, in Return of the Jedi.
[Image: image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19&dateline=1208027303]

Archangel Wrote:Please, I have everyone beat. I share my name with the guy who played Moff Jerjerrod, the death star commander, in Return of the Jedi.

It's true.. -plays the Imperial March for Arch-

I share a birthday with Charlie Sheen.

WINNING!

Never knew you guys were so old (cept Arch) to have all these people from history as descendants.
[Image: sig.jpg]

I saw that, but was at school and didn't have time to comment on it. I'm glad you did sir.

Well, if we're gonna go all nuts with the linking of famous people to ourselves, my birthday is the same Month and Day that Julius Ceasar was murdered. So hah! It means nothing, I tell you... NOTHING! And yet... it means something in this thread. =P Beware the Ides of March! For I am expensive to buy for..

Please Sonic, you're perfectly happy with cheap hookers.
[Image: image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19&dateline=1208027303]

Five dolla!

I'm a direct descendant of this guy. This is how I was inspired to choose my callsign.
[Image: dervish9bp.jpg]

"Don't be deceived by appearances, Luke. Wookiees aren't simply big shaggy humanoids. They have an ancient culture with subtleties of its own. They are creatures with close ties to nature, and a great affinity in their own way, for the Force." Obi-Wan "Ben" Kenobi, on Wookiees. (Star Wars: A New Hope Audio Drama)

What is more impressive, is how we know these things. That can be the biggest challenge of them all.