Create an account

Please ensure that you clear your cookies for the site before trying to log in; until cookies are cleared you will experience issues logging/remaining logged in. (April 07, 2020) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best SWG Memory Dirtside

My best moment was being commando there in a take over base event... you guys know them things that came later, was funny though we got the base in our hands and all.

Then they came back.. everyone died.. and the opponents was fierce.. stood there.. with my rocket launcher.. whiped each one of the opponents one by one... used the terrain.. gettign credits from all of it.. the Jedi bled to death... the medic was hammered... the smuggler got his end finally.. the commando.. got overwhelmed by brutal power.. when my rebel friends came back was leaning up against the wall puffing on a big Cigar being the king of the hill, whiped a team single handed felt good felt like I did a difference.. they didn't come back Smile

Had to be pretty much every PvP event I joined, when I would join, which wasn't much. I was a nightmare for the Imps, don't ask how but I'd win pretty much every face off with glowbats. That and pwning both Quinlin and Cillian in a two on one duel, even though they both deny it, I'll never forget it ^_^

One of the sweetest PVP moments was when SBR, Force, and Troop got together and went to random cities fighting eachother. It started in eisley but as the teams got Imba from people jumping on we went to espa then mos entha... Was so amazing, making our own pvp zones... even though troop usually kicked my ass.

I don't think I could name one favorite event.. there were alot! All the different hunts we went on.. PvP battles.... taking over Anchorhead for the first time.... our first Endor hunt.. Killing Krayt Dragons... I was a pretty good healer in those days.. I was a doctor but was usually better at keeping everyone healed then a combat medic... Some of my favorite times though were just hanging out in my tailor shop or the cantina..

Ive had a lot of great memories. First on the list would probably be loading into Eisley for the first time and running around until I found the bazzar and spending all my credits on worthless crap. After that, I tried to get a hold of any SBR in game, I finally found Star and I begged him for enough credits to get me to the MO so I could get sponsored.

After that memory, would probably be feeling the satisfaction of finally getting TKM and shortly after being visited by the old man.

I remember going out on hunts after our weekly guild meeting. One in particular I remember quite fondly. We were on Dath and a few people were talking about turning in Jedi XP. I had never heard about that and so in my curiosity, I followed. We all came up to the mysterious fog and I was stopped instantly. I kept asking why I couldnt go past the fog, but no one would answer. Until someone finally told me a way to check my force sensitive status. I was still really new to SWG so of course it said something to the effect of "you have no connection to the force"

I remember standing outside of Nym's SP and getting into random spin groups. A lvl80 TKM at that time was more than decent to have in a group. I did it (as did most) for Jedi XP, but I still had fun. Years after that, mostly during free time, I had a few players with names I faintly recall asking about SBR.

I remember getting frustrated at having to buy crates of speeders just to get from the village to a starport safely.

There is so much I remember. Starting with my jaw dropped at the graphics. Keep in mind that SWG was my first MMO. But to this day, I really have yet to see a game with the visuals like SWG has.

I remember things like going through Jabbas themepark and the rebel themepark for the first time. I remember some really intense PvP sessions (pre-nge). I remember day in and day out checking my force status. I remember seeing the old man and getting ganked by 3 sith while in a group and very unexpectedly surviving. I remember getting scammed (not sure of the details)...something to do with the village. I remember the oooohs and aaahhhhs when I called my skiff (still my favorite vehicle to this day). I remember the ooohs and aahhhhs and the "you must be a jedi" when I got my first av-21. I remember getting sponsored by Star numerous times. So much that Star seemed to know when I would send him a tell asking to re-join SBR. He took it in stride.

I remember really the last time most of us got together in SWG. I believe it was New Years Eve years ago. We all sat on the roof of the theater and shot of fireworks.

I remember standing in line for doc buffs while teaching others languages and skills if I had them. I remember my first RP experience. I seem to recall that it was pre-nge, because I saw people tumbling for credits. I dont remember a lot of the specifics, but after a long and very awkward dialog my arms were cut off and I was left to die.

I remember going prone on the hill over looking the MO and watching several hundred people trying to take out a Sith Lord with insane amount of HP, and taking pot shots at her with a sniper rifle. I think I saw her health move maaayyybbeee just a very small part and regenerating back to full.

I remember "borrowing" my neighbors wi-fi connection so I could play late at night on a very crappy laptop. I remember thinking that 300 ping and packet loss was normal.

Good times. I remember most of those too. I loved a good spin group.

Although my favorite memory non saber related was when I pulled my lightsaber for the first time (yellow blade since it was the only crystal I had at the time) and people oooohed and aaaahed. It was a great feeling. I managed to stay hidden and never was killed by a BH too. One came close once, but I was ready and escaped.
"Return with Honor."-Saberwing motto.

my best ground moment .... when I was Soloing HK-47 on mustafar pre NGE . and Soling that big huge scorpian thingy in the cave , pre nge ...

Even better was soloing Hk-47 during the NGE as a Jedi . when Jedi were uber nerfed an broken , an had no armor . That was a pure skills test and a good sanity check . After they added in the expertise tree's rip off from wow ... Soloing anything none heroic became very easy .... hell even the Nightsister heroic you could solo as a Jedi if you set it up right .

the best Saberwing moment for me was watching us as a guild be able to complete both Exar Kun for Z's cloak completion . An later When D'hors an I , along with Dirbot an Arch , an the gang . Went into Hoth an completed the instance . That was one of the most fun times I'd had in swg . watching Arch buzz around in the snowspeeders , an standing our ground defending the base inside while escourting personal to escape routes . then later defending the air field . Blimey that was some epic stuff .

the other favorite moment was in crystal hollow , when we'd gather for mischief and fun at the cantina . then shoot off fireworks afterwards an just all took it easy an had a good time .

Off topic, but this reminds me, since SWG is shutting down permanently anyways, can I have your Mando armor Q? :lol:

Meryl Haddox Wrote:Off topic, but this reminds me, since SWG is shutting down permanently anyways, can I have your Mando armor Q? :lol:

i'm gonna sell my mando stuff Tongue

Good luck, I doubt anyone's gonna buy it

I'll give you a KSE firespray for it

You mean you found yours?
[Image: BRQ8v.gif]

I knew where it was the whole time.

I've only a couple of memories that stick out from haze of not having played for years.

The first, was post-CU and a large group of Rebels were attacking the Imps at a base. Between turrents and rifle fire, we couldn't get much closer then rifle max range before having to fall back a bit for heals. With those cyborg arms that increased range, I was picking off Imp medics left and right half the night before we managed to break them up enough that they couldn't get their comrades rezzed in time before they died too.

The second, was actually post-NGE when CATS made a come back for several months. We devised a method for quickly killing massive amounts of Imperials in the space of a handful of seconds. The first time we used it, big fight between the Imps and Rebs, at least 50 v 50, that was going back and forth for quite some time before we showed up and tried out the plan. Flanking the Imps, about 7 of us spread out in a line and rushed them.. all the meanwhile spamming the stacks of mines we had in our toolbars to place them. After a crazy amount of explosions packed into less then 20 seconds, there were maybe 7 or 8 Imperials left which quickly died to the Rebel's firepower.

It's always great to come up with some strategy that completely turns the tide of battle - something I'm hoping to look forward to in TOR. EVE is too hard for me to identify weapon types and what not to direct battles in, so I haven't done that kind of stuff since shortly after I stopped playing Galaxies. Probably one of the funnest parts of playing an MMO for me.
[Image: sig.jpg]

My best SWG not so memory dirtside was one night after I had come home from a party a little liquored up (a lot actually). I logged on and saw that GL had a group together for a vette run post CU. They had a spot for me, so I headed to kor vella and got on my bike and set a straight path for the rebel base. Somewhere along the long ride, I passed out at the pc and drove passed everyone at the base.

I still get reminded from time to time by certain wookies how funny it was. So kind of my memory or not. It just sticks out the most. =)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best SWG Memory Space QuorTek 26 14,154 08-11-2011, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Hanak