Create an account

Please ensure that you clear your cookies for the site before trying to log in; until cookies are cleared you will experience issues logging/remaining logged in. (April 07, 2020) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bombers are coming!

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20140109

Read and discuss.

:bravo:

...wow.

It would be easy to jump to the conclusion of OMG OP, particularly since bombers got left out from early release because of it - but I think I'd have to wait and see just how effective they turn out to be.

Personally, I think they're designed to counter scouts and give strike fighters something to go against it seems. The longer range weapons on strikes probably work well against mines/drones. Gunships sniping would work, but is entirely too slow and would give away position for little gain. At least that's what I hope for. Given what I currently fly - ouch Tongue

But that's alright, I'll be the crazy guy that engages them at point blank and some how pulls it off Wink
[Image: sig.jpg]

Sounds like there will be some interesting support options for bombers, as well - especially the hyperspace beacon ability.

Beta left a very bad taste in my mouth when it came to Bombers. Like, very very bad. I think we'll see swarms of folks jump on them at release.

Now to build a dedicated bomber hunter... Hmmmm

Nailin Wrote:Beta left a very bad taste in my mouth when it came to Bombers. Like, very very bad. I think we'll see swarms of folks jump on them at release.

Now to build a dedicated bomber hunter... Hmmmm

That's what I'm thinking Big Grin
[Image: sig.jpg]

I already have my counter in my gunship. If its slow enough that gives me multiple snipes. :aflac:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So I'm planning on coming back Zombie 10 9,126 12-04-2012, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Zombie
  Up and coming in TOR! Hanak 6 5,522 10-16-2012, 09:52 PM
Last Post: Gaumon
  Update: New Huttball Zone coming! Hanak 0 3,198 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: