Create an account

Please ensure that you clear your cookies for the site before trying to log in; until cookies are cleared you will experience issues logging/remaining logged in. (April 07, 2020) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oricon Invasion

Sabers,

We are now invading Oricon. In hindsight this wasn't the best choice. Since I've already gotten a fair amount of flak for this I'd like to apologize. I just woken up from barely any sleep, and given the number of guilds already on Hoth I thought the competition there would burn us out. So I chose Oricon. We are barely in tenth now, and will probably have to put forth far more effort than Hoth would have required. The choice to change the planet has been removed, so we are stuck there. Which answers a lingering question some of the officers and myself had. What happened to a guild's point total when they moved? Now it's moot.

On the bright side, for those of you that like Operations, this is your planet. We have tentative plans set for Thursday night to run them. A final time will be determined soon.

As before, here are the bonuses for this planet

Oricon is all about the Operations.

Completing an operation in Group Finder gives 2000 points. In addition, each one of the operations below gives 2000 base points per person.

Operation: Scum and Villainy - 2000 points with 2x bonus
Operation: Terror from Beyond - 2000 points with 2x bonus
Operation: Dread Palace - 2000 points with 2x bonus
Operation: Dread Fortress - 2000 points with 2x bonus

Killing 250 NPC's on Oricon gives 2000 points once per Legacy

Doing the weekly "Emanations of Dread" - 1000 points with a 3x bonus

Now, the usual warzones and gsf matches will give standard points just without any bonuses. So I will be in my usual place killing imps.

As for the remaining conquests. I have decided that regardless of the urgency shown by others, I am waking up at my normal time. At which point I will invade a new planet. There will be about five hours or so where we will have not declared, but it will give me a good idea of what guilds are going where, and I won't be making decisions with a groggy head. Odds are I am going to pick GSF, warzone, and flashpoint oriented planets since we tend to do well with those. So, if we drop out of the top ten this week (and odds are that we will) don't hold it against me too hard. I'm human. Besides, a week off might do us some good. This stuff is exhausting.
"Return with Honor."-Saberwing motto.

1. There's no reason to apologize. Seriously. I'm personally disappointed by the planet, but overall it's not that big of a deal.

2. I'm glad to hear that you're not going to be getting up early to invade. Cause seriously, there's no reason why declaring a planet can't wait a few hours.

On the bright side, Pubtoon, Rubinicus and I already got into some brawls by being flagged doing the Oricon dailies, and that was pretty fun. So I'm sure we can get our fixes elsewhere, lol. I'd love to get a gank squad going and maybe defend some commanders. And this week might be a good time to focus on killing imp commanders too.

So, we now know you can't switch planets, and that we should always be playing to our strengths vs attempting to fiddle with things and go for an out right win. Both of which are good to know for future reference.

Oh, and I want in on some commander defending!
[Image: sig.jpg]

No worries, Kirby. Remember, it's only a game Smile

I've parked toons at the Imp bases on Belsavis, Quesh, Hoth, Tatooine & Voss so I can quickly check which Imp commanders are up and ready to be attacked. Most of those aren't far from the Pub bases, so hopefully I can also use them to check and see if Republic named commanders are up. I don't have toons on Alderaan, Corellia or Illum, yet. I think Hanak has one parked on at least Alderaan?

Also, does anyone know how the group summon works? Can only Hanak and Kirby do it? Or can anyone who forms a guild op group use the group summon thing?

I'll gladly help do an ops or two on either Jinks or Tranquility - probably better to have me dps in pvp gear than heal though. And yeah, pvp gear but - I can mechanics, so it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Leadership fail. Time for mutiny.
If violence wasn’t your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it. - The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

No Shit! Oricon is a freakin transformer, why would kirby choose to invade a transformer! :mep:
[Image: image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19&dateline=1208027303]

Don't grab your pitchforks just yet. Turns out we managed eighth. Which by my count is two higher than last week. So good going all. Choose engineering rewards if you managed to achieve your personal point total.
"Return with Honor."-Saberwing motto.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  55 & Oricon Crichton 0 2,417 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Alderaan Invasion Starfire 0 8,371 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Corellia Invasion Starfire 0 3,615 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Makeb Invasion Starfire 0 5,639 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Nar Shadda Invasion Starfire 0 3,022 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Balmorra Invasion Starfire 0 2,088 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Conquest invasion: Even though we have the lead on Nar Shaddaa Cillian Harth 0 2,333 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: