Create an account

Please ensure that you clear your cookies for the site before trying to log in; until cookies are cleared you will experience issues logging/remaining logged in. (April 07, 2020) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spaceballs the lipstick

God bless capitalism. :mep:

[Image: Covergirl-star-wars-Tumblr.jpg]
[Image: image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19&dateline=1208027303]

Ugh. But Disney and Star Wars are a good fit I'm told. Nothing ridiculous about this at all. Nope.
"Return with Honor."-Saberwing motto.

Star, Mel Brooks was making fun of all the merchandising that Lucas was doing with Star Wars decades before Disney owned it. Sadly, Star Wars the lipstick is exactly what Star Wars is all about.

Wasn't there someone around here who loves Star Wars, the comic book in digital form? :mep:

http://www.oddee.com/item_97612.aspx

Also, a lot of repeats, but #12 on this list:

http://www.smosh.com/smosh-pit/articles/...erchandise

Star Wars the airplane

[Image: 150818120450-02-star-wars-planes-exlarge-169.jpg]

Star, life is too short, you got tp have fun with this shit.

That plane is pretty badass. Still, I can't Arch. I'll be bitter about them dumping the EU until I die. Nothing can change that now.

Anyway, in a couple of years the burnout will be real. Even the mighty Marvel is showing some signs of fatigue. I'm just ahead of the curve. =P
"Return with Honor."-Saberwing motto.

Then they reboot the whole star wars franchise to Lucas's first draft of star wars.
If violence wasn’t your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it. - The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

The EU is merely just a 3rd part starwars and alot of evolving around fan created content as well as the freedom of making novels and the likes.

As it is this is many years into the future, which still saves all the EU in between episode VI and VII.. just continueing after the victory on the moon of endor would seem silly as there would be no real plot to make the giant next adventure and hardly anything to build it on.

We had 20-30 years before episode IV and now a bunch of years after episode VI, certainly something to build stuff upon as it is and for the fans/writers to fill in the gaps between.

Also if they went with all the EU content you would know the story already which kind of take the zazz out of the actual movies, we are going to see soe of the old heroes when they have aged alot with the new movies and having the next generation taking over step by step as it is.

If the new movies are good or bad, only time will show, but no reason to condemn them in beforehand... just because we don't get to see how Boba Fett survirved the Sarlacc and the likes ( we all know that he did )

Hopefully we will get spaceballs II the quest for more money as well =)

QuorTek Wrote:As it is this is many years into the future, which still saves all the EU in between episode VI and VII.. just continueing after the victory on the moon of endor would seem silly as there would be no real plot to make the giant next adventure and hardly anything to build it on.

Hopefully we will get spaceballs II the quest for more money as well =)

So, Quor, they actually wiped out the entire old EU. There used to be a single (more or less consistent) set of stories for that period, and it has now been re-assigned to "Legends" status. They're writing a whole new series of books/comics/games/etc. that take place between Episode VI and VII. Once they get started on the Sequel Trilogy, they'll probably also produce Anthology movies set between VI and VII. So it's not quite as clean a break as you describe.

I'm down for Spaceballs II, but only if it has the original cast and is set in a retirement home (IN SPACE!).

Also, this: https://twitter.com/rosiewook/status/633324500839464960

But the new stuff will be considered EU as well, just look at ya people playing SWToR... can barely be anymore alien EU to anything that what the new stuff is going to be.

Some facts:
The emperor 'died' +30 years ago.... all the stormtroopers are now retired and yelling at kids to get off their lawn.... any of the epic generals/admirals etc. etc. has passed away of natural/unnatural causes.

Everyone else is of age... anyone we knew from the original movies is not what they used to be.

The EU or the tales of starwars 'mini stories' have to rest for the mainplots coming up and usually games and litterature will fill in the gaps and other sides of the universe as they always did.... an example for one of the games with a side story could be a game like X-Wing Alliance.... you mind your own business in the family company then end up getting on the edge of them for having to run for your life and join up with the rebels.. for getting missions that is never shown in any of the movies... I have to say that side stuff I value... that is the EU... another approach... but it is not really movie material to the same degree, most of ya guys would agree.

It is very difficul to create something that was better than EP 4 to 6 because that was what rocked our worlds back in the day and still do very much, and it would be bonkus to build it on alot of the small side stories and novels heading into a different direction as well mostly because there is 1000s of paths to choose from, so starting from the scratch on something new would be better so we do not know in beforehand in what to expect.

I salute all those that made interesting speculations in novels/stories/games and more, some of the stuff is actually quite interesting as well and they used alot of fantasy in what should happen next that probably to an extend would be way off the trail of the original storylines, you have to think about it in this way.. this is the universe starwars pictured over 100 years approximately and each time done by a movie it is over a certain thing not to expected, they already went EU with EP. 1-3 pictureing Darth Vaders young years which lead to the impact of not really a great product or story compared to EP4 to 6.

A way to see alot of the EU content could be compared to a game like Elderscrolls Skyrim or Oblivion, you can add in modifications that is player created content, but for the mainplots all these 'EU' things are put aside, you can still keep the EU stuff though and have additional content with that, but the main storylines is there for good so one has something to react towards.

This is my thread and it is all about the ridiculous merchandising we are going to see over the next few months. So stop all this other silliness.

Today it is Star Wars, the Soup!

[Image: star-wars-600x450.jpg]

Andy Warhol's ghost is damn jealous of this one. :mep:

.... and Star Wars, The Knife Set!

[Image: star_wars_x_wing_knife_block_l.jpg]

to go along with Star Wars, The Cutting Block

[Image: 1f9e_millennium_falcon_chopping_board_inuse.jpg]

and don't forget your Star Wars, The Apron, because this needs to be a thing

[Image: rotj-princess-leia-slave-kitchen-apron.jpg]

and finally, it is Star Wars, The ... ummm, wait, WHAT!

[Image: 416jZkliFrL.jpg]

Happy Star Wars Friday :mep:

Also be on the look out for
[Image: 81Y7eKAQpeL._SY355_.jpg]

For the seniors:
[Image: star-wars-merchandise.jpeg]

Who wouldn't want this?
[Image: toilet.jpeg]

Not to mention the toys, toys, toys, toys.