Create an account

Please ensure that you clear your cookies for the site before trying to log in; until cookies are cleared you will experience issues logging/remaining logged in. (April 07, 2020) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free EQII

Damn SOE, can't resist free. :mep:

[Image: EQ2_promo_3.jpg]
[Image: image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19&dateline=1208027303]

Quote:Originally posted by Archangel
Damn SOE, can't resist free. :mep:

[Image: EQ2_promo_3.jpg]

Yeah, I got the email too. It stunned me with it's sheer brilliancy.

Buy out Vanguard, it flops, and offer everyone who played a chance to get involved in EQ2 - for free.

Brilliant I say.
[Image: sig.jpg]

Me and the rest of the world are downloading all those expansions right now. Going to be late sunday before I can play. I like the move, mostly cause I get free stuff.

I guess the deal is EQII lost a lot of players to Vanguard. Once everyone walked out of Vanguard they did not go back to EQII, so SOE is bribing everyone with free expansions and play time to come back to EQII. Not a bad deal I guess, I paid $10 for EQII and now I get all the expansions for free, which I doubt I'll ever have a char high enough level to go play.

There is Nis, Sabs, Doc and myself that can play this now. We should hook up some time.

So you mean I have a reason to play EQ2 again?

I'd be interested in screwing around a bit in EQ2.

I didn't get the email myself, due to being subscribed recently, but i'll look into getting it if I can. I just cancelled mine recently but should have a while left on it. I play on Antonia still, and have a couple newbie chars in Neriak area.

By the way, I have a dorf Hammer in WAR named Cynric that I play around with now Sabs.

Good stuff, I've not been on it in awhile, so i'll have to come on later this week. What times do you usually play? I play it mostly during the week as I am usually doing something on the weekends with Syn. It's been too damn hot here lately lol. Near 40C most of the time with Humidity, I feel like I'm in Florida ffs.

I play a dwarf Ironbreaker for the most part, loves my tanks =oP Im likely going to play a Guardian in AoC too, polearms ftw.

On the weekdays, normally in the 7-11 pm time frame.

Is it no monthly fee too? That text was very hard to read on my monitor for some reason.
"Return with Honor."-Saberwing motto.

Its free until September 15, 2007

What does EQII offer?

Quote:Originally posted by QuorTek
What does EQII offer?

FREEDOM!!

Other than that, nothing others don't offer.

I guess I can log back into my alchemist and try to make some more gold, but if none of ya is there, thats all I'll be doing.. adventuring solo is boring

well I got a station pass anyway so hehe anyway to download it instead of purchasing the game from a store?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free $30 off coupon to Gentle Giant any one? Reillytrooper 3 5,282 09-24-2012, 10:53 PM
Last Post: sector2814
  Star Trek Online going Free 2 Play Jayce 7 5,542 09-13-2011, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Meryl Haddox
  $oE Free To Play Jayce 8 5,459 11-01-2010, 12:05 AM
Last Post: Sonic
  EQII kateria 5 3,614 04-25-2010, 12:02 AM
Last Post: QuorTek
  Free Age of Conan Meparch 7 5,076 12-19-2009, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Dervish
  Guild Wars Eye of the North free trial Meparch 0 2,373 12-07-2007, 10:56 PM
Last Post: Meparch
  Free: Wing Commander III Hanak 0 2,747 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  PSA: Destiny 2 is free until Nov 18th. Starfire 0 2,244 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: