Create an account

Please ensure that you clear your cookies for the site before trying to log in; until cookies are cleared you will experience issues logging/remaining logged in. (April 07, 2020) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chapter 8 stuff

Listen up my friends. The Producers note has spoken of some things that might be interesting to learn. This is from Deadmeat on the SOE forums.

Hi Folks,

Sorry if the Dev team been a little quiet the last couple of weeks but we have been heads down in getting Chapter 8 polished up. I had hoped to release it to the test centers today, but it still needs a little bit more polish so I am going to hold it till Monday or Tuesday. As expected we encountered a lot of challenges working with the space system which had not been touched much since JTL, but we eventually solved all of the problems and I believe we have an extremely cool release here that will have something to appeal to everyone in this chapter. To just give you tastes of a few of the things you will be seeing next week:

* Four new ships
* Space Collections
* New space quests
* A new Heroic Encounter
* A player Space Station

We have been tuning the new Heroic all week and I must admit it I think it is one of the best things we have done to date. But unfortunately I am not sure that Loche has the right stuff (he tends to be the pilot smuggling us to the encounter...And he screams like a 12 year old girl when we come under attack (and we die alot)...Don't tell him I said that though.

Anyway I hope that we will iron out the few remaining issues this weekend so we can let everyone have a crack at it. I know we will have a ton of feedback to digest once it is on test, but I want to get it into your hands as soon as we can. Honestly we really will not know all of the subtle issues we have until the community starts playing the heck out of it. As per usual we will be opening the old test center as well for the new chapter and we have modified the frogs to be more helpful for testing space content. I know that the pilot community has been leveling up characters on TCPrime, so we hope that they are prepared ...There are going to be a lot of epic fights in space I know.

There are a number of other exciting things happening in the game before and during the holidays (be sure to check out Valara's great feature on Life Day so this is shaping up to be quite an busy time in SWG (my beard is even more gray than normal these days.

Thats all for now, Have a great weekend!

DeadMeat

4 ships, player space stations....oh hell yeah.
Phylok Starfire

Sweet, guild space station Big Grin

Sweet, I'm in the process of getting some Mabari belts so I can start pumping out +35s for armor! Because we will need EVERYONE to have stat'd stuff to complete these things. I have a feeling the the gunships will be a schem drop from the new instance.
[Image: BRQ8v.gif]

Most likely, also I kinda wonder how player space stations will work, be they like the POBs or be permanent structures like houses. If that's the case space will fill up very quickly.

Now, wait a minute.. Don't start confusing what they said. They said A Player Spacestation. Singular. What it most likely means is a station we can land onto kinda like Avatar Station.

That's true.......

Also consider - only 4 new ships, 3 of which will be gunships, the last I feel will be a schem drop or a quest reward from the new instance.

Most likely, kinda wonder what the 4th ship is gonna be........

I heard it was the N-1. Don't know how reliable the source is, and I really don't like that answer. I'm sure Kirby will, though ;p

the N-1, that ugly yellow POS?
Phylok Starfire

Hmm...if we can paint it black - that would be sweet.

:eek: Jedi Starfighter! And I don't mean that retarded Actis Eta II, I mean the Delta-7 Aethersprite-class light interceptor Big Grin. Now that would be sweet!

I like the N-1. But I like the Delta-7 better. The real Jedi Starfighter.
"Return with Honor."-Saberwing motto.

Personally, I want an E-Wing.

It's gonna have to be something universal that both sides can get or the Gimps will start bitching <_<

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LFG: Avatar + stuff before Lord Cysc QuorTek 3 3,112 09-30-2008, 11:46 PM
Last Post: Hanak
  New event brewing Gunboats & POBs doing stuff! QuorTek 0 2,242 02-25-2008, 06:09 AM
Last Post: QuorTek
  Chapter 9 teaser trailer released Meparch 21 10,126 01-26-2008, 02:27 PM
Last Post: SBR_Ice
  Chapter 7 Launches tomorrow (November 1st 2007) Cillian Harth 4 3,693 11-01-2007, 07:25 PM
Last Post: Starfire
  Chapter 7 Jedi Collection Rewards and Updates Cillian Harth 0 2,200 10-26-2007, 08:21 PM
Last Post: Cillian Harth
  Sneak Peak at Chapter 7 Cillian Harth 4 3,740 10-11-2007, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Phylok
  Since everyone is into the ent stuff now Meparch 0 6,865 01-31-2007, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Meparch