Create an account

Please ensure that you clear your cookies for the site before trying to log in; until cookies are cleared you will experience issues logging/remaining logged in. (April 07, 2020) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Dark Knight

Well, at midnight Thursday July 17, I went and saw the advanced screening of The Dark Knight. All I can say is Holy Hell, that movie was awesome Big Grin. Heath Ledger redefined how the Joker is and should be played, he did a better job then Jack did in the first Batman movie. I advise that you all go and see it ASAP, you won't be disappointed, and for all thou's that were eagerly anticipating this movie, it's even better then you think :jc:

Awesome, gonna go check it out this weekend! Smile

Joker: HEY! Wanna see a magic trick?
*Jams a pencil into the table*
Joker: I'll make this pencil disappear before your very eyes
Mob Boss: Enough, kill the clown
*Burly mob minion approaches Joker*
*Joker grabs mans head and slams it onto the pencil, then lets go and allows him to slid off the table with the pencil embedded in his head*
Joker: TA DA!

:lol:

going to watch it when they release it on DVD or Blue Ray

that was pretty slick magic trick, lol...and damn that was quite a movie and I couldn't keep my eyes off the screen. Heath Ledger was great as the Joker as well

I found this amusing :tongue:

[Image: 20080719RT0302.jpg]

I guess I stand alone in not liking the Joker that much. Sure the late Mr. Ledger played him well, but better than Mr. Nicholson? I think not. I personally liked Mr. Eckhart's performance of Two-Face. He made that movie as far as I am concerned. Shame how it ended.

That said, I still liked the first one better. It has more of a "wow" factor I think.
"Return with Honor."-Saberwing motto.

Actually I found the Joker very appropriate. Nicholson's Joker was too silly and not crazy enough. Joker was a psychotic plain and simple, yet Nolan delved deeper into the Joker's psyche. He made a twisted character far more than he could ever be in Burton's interpretation.

He made him a criminal mastermind. He was always 5 steps ahead of Batman and the police until the very end. Then only Batman figured out the truth about the hostage situation. (Granted the cops learned like 3 minutes later.)

Still Joker was an absolute madman, and he just seemed like the kind of frothing lunatic that would be worthy of fighting Batman. My favorite line from the Joker was that "I'm just like a dog chasing a car, I wouldn't know what I'd do if I caught it." Just hilarious, twisted, and dark line all wrapped into one.

To an extent, I will agree that Aaron Eckardt should get a ton of props. That man played Two Face perfectly. The Joker didn't scare me at all, but Two Face at the end scared me a little. He played Harvey Dent to the T. The russian roulette with the scitzo. And the way he needed that coin to make all of his decisions, Classic just classic.

I believe Bale also deserves a lot of props. They really have been fleshing out a lot of the detective end, even with the use of all of the gadgets. He still runs around in street duds and does some solid detective work. I liked Batman alot and I'm glad that they showed that the Joker was getting to him.

I have to say this movie blew the first one away, and that is saying something. The first one was epic and incredible, but this one got to the heart of the Dark Knight. Oh yeah and awesome performance by Gary Oldman now that is the Commissioner Gordon that we've always wanted in Batman w00t

A+++++

Awesome movie.

Late Ladies and Gents
"But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked." - Luke 12:48

"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." - Joshua 24:15

"With great power comes great responsibility" - Ben Parker (Spiderman)

:thumbsup:

I like how in the end, Joker won... He said from the start he was going to take down Gotham's "beacon of hope, their shining knight" and he did, it just wasn't the one everyone thought it would be, thou's that saw the movie should understand what I mean, I don't want to spoil it too much for thou's that haven't seen it yet

what is up with the spoilers morons :/

They started it o.o

Yeah, I had to stop reading this thread and had to go watch the thing. Diffidently worth the watch.

I didn't see the legendary performance of the joker. The character was written a lot darker than other renditions but that was the writing of the character, not the performance. These latest movies are a different take of Batman, which has been done into the ground so much, it is refreshing. Refreshing isn't better, just different. The Joker is an over the top character and while this joker is psychotic for sure, he isn't over the top despite a few flashes here and there and a few good jokes. Done right you should be both laughing and offended while watching the Joker, not just offended now and then with a smile every once in a while. Still lagging behind the Mask of the Phantasm's Joker.

Still not happy how they did Bruce Wane. He's suppose to be a genius with a mind to match the fighting skills and bank account. In these movies the world's greatest detective is Morgan Freedman. He's always nice to watch but splitting Bruce Wane into two characters like that is just blah. It really makes the character less believable in a movie trying to achieve more believability and less comic-bookness.

O well, still a fun movie and a hell of a lot better than spiderman.
[Image: image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19&dateline=1208027303]

As big as a Spiderman fan as I am. I still think hitting yourself in the face with a used diaper is more tolerable than those movies. They really stank from beginning to end.

And thank you Arch. We agree that Mr. Ledger while decent, wasn't the second coming like so many others seem to think. Mark Hamill still does the Joker better than anyone else. (I know it's just his voice, and that is easier than acting it out, but I still think that version of the character stands above all others.)
"Return with Honor."-Saberwing motto.

Yeah, you can't give the full performance credit to Mark Hamill though he did his part of that character perfectly. There is writing, which is a big part people miss, art direction, or makeup for live action, and of course animation and direction.
[Image: image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19&dateline=1208027303]

Meryl Haddox Wrote:Joker: HEY! Wanna see a magic trick?
*Jams a pencil into the table*
Joker: I'll make this pencil disappear before your very eyes
Mob Boss: Enough, kill the clown
*Burly mob minion approaches Joker*
*Joker grabs mans head and slams it onto the pencil, then lets go and allows him to slid off the table with the pencil embedded in his head*
Joker: TA DA!

:lol:

OMFG OMFG OMFG ILOVED THAT PART I LOVED IT!!!!!

"why so serious?" is going to eb my faovrite movie line for a looong time now
Im so happy i didnt take my girl to this movie i would not be able to een look at her or put my arm around due to how into the screen i was O.O
* SBR_Scythe tosses RSFS_Cheif a Coke
<SBRLestat> a sprite for me scythe
<SBR_Starfire> Hey Scythe, I'll have a cock
<SBR_Starfire> oh my god
<SBR_Starfire> I'm never going to live that one down am I?
<SBR_Scythe> nope

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Warhammer 40K: Dark Millennium MMO LSF Shadow 1 2,606 11-23-2010, 07:31 PM
Last Post: Meryl Haddox
  Steam Jedi Knight Collection Brasidus 12 7,001 06-01-2010, 08:26 PM
Last Post: Starfire
  It's offical: The Dark (black) lightsaber is offical canon Cillian Harth 34 14,524 02-09-2010, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Meryl Haddox
  New Dark Knight Trailer Cillian Harth 1 2,645 12-19-2007, 02:53 AM
Last Post: NightFire