Create an account

Please ensure that you clear your cookies for the site before trying to log in; until cookies are cleared you will experience issues logging/remaining logged in. (April 07, 2020) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smallville season 9, 2 hour event this friday on the CW

Just went I thought Smallville couldn't get any better they bring in The Justice Society :O

that show still on ? ... Clark still in denial of the tights .... nothing changes .

kateria Wrote:that show still on ? ... Clark still in denial of the tights .... nothing changes .

well he's wearing a black costume for right now until he gets a new tailer for the red and blue tights Tongue

* rollseys* cancel that craptastic show already please ... Ohh wait it's on the cw or wb or wahtever irrelevant network so not to worry .

kateria Wrote:* rollseys* cancel that craptastic show already please ... Ohh wait it's on the cw or wb or wahtever irrelevant network so not to worry .

after watching this episode (the entire 2 hour episode was posted on youtube) i'm sure you will change your mind, it's finally going into the right direction, season 9 has been a hit

Nine seasons? Wow. That's a long run for a show. Most die after two.
"Return with Honor."-Saberwing motto.

Starfire Wrote:Nine seasons? Wow. That's a long run for a show. Most die after two.

yea there is talks of a 10th season now, but if you get the chance watch absoulte justice, it was perhaps the best episode in the history of the show.

Saw parts of it . Original assessment ," It still sucks " still stands . Nice to see the old JSA but the writers screwed that one up as Hawkman an dr fate both were justice League members not JSA members ... An wtf is this kandorian bs were villians but were not villains crap ? .

Seeing manhunter finnally be the manhunter he's supposed to be was the only good spot .

clark still a whinny nevish tool . Stop sulking an don the tights already . Ohh that will never happen . tom welling refuses to wear the tights .

AN where ohh where is the batman ? ... He's LONG over due . they got waller an checkmate an suicide squad showing up ... Epic fail period .

kateria Wrote:Saw parts of it . Original assessment ," It still sucks " still stands . Nice to see the old JSA but the writers screwed that one up as Hawkman an dr fate both were justice League members not JSA members ... An wtf is this kandorian bs were villians but were not villains crap ? .

Seeing manhunter finnally be the manhunter he's supposed to be was the only good spot .

clark still a whinny nevish tool . Stop sulking an don the tights already . Ohh that will never happen . tom welling refuses to wear the tights .

AN where ohh where is the batman ? ... He's LONG over due . they got waller an checkmate an suicide squad showing up ... Epic fail period .

Batman was never in Justice Society, he was in the Justice League...the Justice Society was the first league of superheros, and it was clear that Absoulte Justice was by far the best smallville episode thus far, it was praised for stepping up into the right direction, just check out the final battle between justice society members against checkmate member Icicle

Also you need to do some research Kat, both Dr. Fate and Hawkman were in Justice Society

Batman rule!!

From the old series... to Tim Burtons first two Batman movies and the new ones are pretty ok as well.. not to fond of the cartoons though... I guess that reflect pretty much all over in some kind of sense.

QuorTek Wrote:Batman rule!!

From the old series... to Tim Burtons first two Batman movies and the new ones are pretty ok as well.. not to fond of the cartoons though... I guess that reflect pretty much all over in some kind of sense.

Keaton was Batman, he had the right look and voice to go along with it, Bale may have been the better fighter, but overall he ruined Batman (his Batman voice made me cringe even though he was a better Bruce Wayne) same with Clooney.

hawkman an fate were IN justice league of america ....only in justice league , Kent nelsonn had long died an a woman had taken up fate's helm ... Hawkman was in both as well ... but mostly remembered for league not society ... You have to go waaaaay back to pre crisis era ... The whole post crisis re imaging of everything was lame by DC , but they had no choice that was a mess they made . Crisis mainly cleaned up the mess .

an if you look through past seasons of smallville the watchtower group is reffered on several occasions as the justice league . But smallville was horrible with continuity . Doomsday point in case ... An legion of super heros from last season is epic fail ... They should have at least had clark go with the legion into the future for a couple episodes to finish his hero training an learn to fly once an for all ... But no ... instead it's a half assed mailed in script that just brings more plot holes unsolved .

after nine seasons in an clark can't fly. Doesn't use much of any of his powers he's demonstrated throughout the series ... An No sign of batman yet ... But can't expect much since the show fell off the wheels when they had oliver kill lex luthor /shrug . Series needed to end 6 seasons ago . but cw is milking the series as there only other program they got is vampire whatever ... Another tennage fail show made to cash in on the whole twilight movie craze .

If we want to go far back , I can pull out some old Justice League issues from 1958 that have Hawkman , Hawkgirl , green lantern , Superman , batman, wonder woman , an Dr. Fate , with martian manhunter.

I can also pull up some 1947 issues of JSA that had a different hawkman , Dr, Fate , green lantern , and flash . with wild cat ...

I did my research ... thanks Cill ....

kateria Wrote:hawkman an fate were IN justice league of america ....only in justice league , Kent nelsonn had long died an a woman had taken up fate's helm ... Hawkman was in both as well ... but mostly remembered for league not society ... You have to go waaaaay back to pre crisis era ... The whole post crisis re imaging of everything was lame by DC , but they had no choice that was a mess they made . Crisis mainly cleaned up the mess .

an if you look through past seasons of smallville the watchtower group is reffered on several occasions as the justice league . But smallville was horrible with continuity . Doomsday point in case ... An legion of super heros from last season is epic fail ... They should have at least had clark go with the legion into the future for a couple episodes to finish his hero training an learn to fly once an for all ... But no ... instead it's a half assed mailed in script that just brings more plot holes unsolved .

after nine seasons in an clark can't fly. Doesn't use much of any of his powers he's demonstrated throughout the series ... An No sign of batman yet ... But can't expect much since the show fell off the wheels when they had oliver kill lex luthor /shrug . Series needed to end 6 seasons ago . but cw is milking the series as there only other program they got is vampire whatever ... Another tennage fail show made to cash in on the whole twilight movie craze .

If we want to go far back , I can pull out some old Justice League issues from 1958 that have Hawkman , Hawkgirl , green lantern , Superman , batman, wonder woman , an Dr. Fate , with martian manhunter.

I can also pull up some 1947 issues of JSA that had a different hawkman , Dr, Fate , green lantern , and flash . with wild cat ...

I did my research ... thanks Cill ....

Kat did you even look at the link I provided for you? Look under Hawkman and Dr. Fate

Hawkman was a charter member of the Justice Society of America, beginning with All Star Comics #3 (Winter 1940). In issue #8 he became the JSA's chairman, a position he would hold until the end of the JSA's run in All Star Comics. He was the only member of the JSA to appear in every adventure during the Golden Age of comic books.

When the Justice Society of America was being designed for All Star Comics #3, Doctor Fate was one of the characters National Comics used for the joint venture with All-American Publications. He made his last appearance in the book in issue #21 (Summer 1944), virtually simultaneously with the end of his own strip in More Fun Comics #98 (July-August 1944). Doctor Fate was revived along with many other Justice Society members in the 1960s through the annual team-ups with the Justice League of America. These stories established that the two teams resided on parallel worlds. Unlike many of his JSA teammates, Doctor Fate did not have an analogue or counterpart among the Justice League.

yup they were on alternate worlds ... An fate was in league as well during the 60's when the league was just justice league of america ... Post crisis disolved all parrell worlds forming one world . Period. Everything was re imagied an re done .

Post crisis JSA was the precurosr to justice league . in pre world war I era . with most members retired during world war II ... then much much very much later justice league of america forms . Due to political backlashes an outcries in the UN ( in the dc universe ) . America was dropped an it became Justice League . JSA was never fully explored post Crisis . Just honourble mentions .

Smallvillie in it's lack of continutity has managed to usurp the timeline of events with this bastardization of superman an other heros . But thats a whole other disscussion .

An wikipedia links don't count .... they been wrong and are wrong with alot of things not just with the DC universe . As a source that is suspect at best .

lol

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Clone Wars Season 5 adun12345 1 3,307 08-29-2012, 02:49 PM
Last Post: Hanak
  Smallville: Darkseid, with Lionel Luthor to resurrect Lex? Cillian Harth 0 2,557 03-05-2011, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Cillian Harth
  Smallville season 9 promo trailer Cillian Harth 12 7,240 05-14-2010, 10:24 PM
  Darth Lex Luthor on smallville? Cillian Harth 22 10,836 02-06-2009, 11:44 PM
Last Post: kateria
  Smallville: DOOMSDAY Is upon us Cillian Harth 38 16,730 12-28-2008, 12:13 PM
Last Post: SBR_Ice
  Linna and Cillian are getting married this friday Cillian Harth 13 6,553 01-17-2008, 02:44 AM
Last Post: Quinlin
  Smallville Legends: Justice & Doom online game Cillian Harth 0 2,293 04-19-2007, 11:06 PM
  Smallville - Justice Cillian Harth 6 4,795 01-30-2007, 08:01 PM
Last Post: Mario Genao11