Create an account

Please ensure that you clear your cookies for the site before trying to log in; until cookies are cleared you will experience issues logging/remaining logged in. (April 07, 2020) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Head Count

I have been lurking the forums for some time, and have been debating whether or not I want to play TOR. And if I do (probably will), would I want to play along side SBR?

I know that the game still has another year before release, but now should be the time for recruiting people. Before I stop there, I should note that I do know the risks of pre-recruiting. But to advertise a Republic guild that is mature 18+ casual/hardcore (or whatever the case may be) isn't that hard to do. A year atleast gives you time to weave out the bad eggs, get to know the good, and those who stay active on the boards within that time - would obviously be around during the game. And I have seen none of this. (not bashing, just saying) SBR could throw their name out there every once in a great while.

Basically, right now I would like to know who intends on really playing TOR.
What your class/profession is going to be, if you do intend to play.
What the guild as a whole intends on focusing on. (ie PvP/PvE/End Game)

And it's not that I don't intend on playing with you guys, but since playing LOTRO, and being part of one of the most notorious hardcore/raiding guilds between all of the servers, I've become more focused on end game content in the MMO aspect. That and playing Sith.. might have a toll. I really haven't decided yet.

If I do end up playing for the Republic, I'll most likely play as an off-tank Jedi Knight type, or strictly healing/force wielding Jedi Counselor.

I'm planning on playing and Pol is also. I've yet to decide any class to play, probably won't until a lot more information is released. Pol will probably play something that heals.

I'm interested in mostly PVP and maybe some end game.

As far as advertising, I find it to be pretty worthless until the game launches. I'd rather have people that are active AND competent rather then just active. Recruiting people without playing with them first just seems like a bad idea.
[Image: sig.jpg]

Early recruiting can go both ways. You can get a bunch of idiots who wont even be around on launch, or you can find some truly dedicated people.

Most of my guys I found for The Resistance (my post SWG group) was from early recruiting. A lot of them turned out to be pretty damn good, and one of them I still friends with to this day. We did WoW for years and the occasional TF2 games.

If you have a well thought out, detailed and involved recruiting and selection process.. you can find some good people. Simply by having an application and review selection you can weed out a shitload of casuals who dont even like to bother typing anything.

And consider... you have a LOT of available time to review applicants now rather than when the game is out. When game launches, id rather be playing than recruiting.

But yes.. you will get a bunch of people who will disappear and waste your time before game launch.

I have been playing Warhammer Online since launch with a group that refuses to recruit. They have an open application process, and are one of the more active guilds on the server. Basically it makes worthwhile people come seek you out. It works very well. There hasn't been a moment of drama in two years.

I say go with what SBR has and if good people find us, we bring them into the fold.
If violence wasn’t your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it. - The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

I am going to be playing, my first toon is going to be a Trooper. I will probably focus on PvE.
"Ghost Legions? Bunch of common criminals... they shouldn't give us any problems sir." - Last transmission of Col. Henry Driver, 4th Tau Ceti Lancers.

I'm going to be playing . Class wise most likely a Jedi Counsiler . Prolly pve ,maybe some pvp . An definitly dabble into whatever piloting space options are available .

Would only play alongside with SBR in this if any at all, as it is GL is dead and no point in resurrecting it for lol and giggles really.

I don't know if I even want to touch the game with a 15 ft long pole yet, what does TOR offer other than starwars is what I am looking at, and does it outstand compared to the MMO I play the most currently.

Also it is the previous devs of SWG who is behind this, well dunno if they screw up again at all so I rest my case, we all remember SWG as it is.

Here is the Starsider checklist for players from SWG heading over to TOR, that way we can keep in contact with all our friends on starsider

Damn that's a great list .... best part NO APH ! Hurray ! . :bravo:

kateria Wrote:Damn that's a great list .... best part NO APH ! Hurray ! . :bravo:

a perfect way to avoid APH if she is to somehow make it on there, is to make a different character name entirely, I mean it's a different era right? about 3,500 years before the events of SWG so if you picked a different character name she will have no idea who you are. Tongue

Eh, saberwing has sort of turned into a group of friends that play stuffs together. I'd bet the focus will be whatever the most people want to do that night.

I dunno what class I'm going to be for sure, probably consular or whatever that's called.

Jayce Wrote:Eh, saberwing has sort of turned into a group of friends that play stuffs together.

In my opinion, the only kind of worthwhile group there is. If its like a second job, you are doing it wrong.
If violence wasn’t your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it. - The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

[Image: pic4-280-1.jpg]
[Image: image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19&dateline=1208027303]

kateria Wrote:Damn that's a great list .... best part NO APH ! Hurray ! . :bravo:

I can message her on yahoo and see if she'll be joining us if you want? Wink

I will be playing a Jedi Consular - healer dude - don't know on how that will work specifically until I see the advanced classes. (and of course a trooper D'hors)

As always, I will do everything.

I do not think the guild needs a specific focus as far as game content is concerned. Camaraderie and efficiency without bickering should be our focus - aka - being a team. So when we do tackle PvP, they will know we've been there. When we do PvE, we will rock. Raids, we will show em how it's done just like we did for Hoth in SWG.

We don't need 5 raid teams all going out and only doing super uber raids or PvP or even PvE - I prefer not to divy it up.

What needs to happen is we have nightly activities, a primary one and a secondary one. These might be differentiated later in the game as Raid/mission help. Or even throw on a tertiary objective with PvP in the middle. Just something so that ALL people feel a part of the community of Saberwing and not left out or neglected. Anyone should be able to fit into the 2-3 activities per evening. This is what will make us a growing, yet stable guild in TOR.

The other issue I've noticed is we rely a little much on self-starters. We really need to start delegating responsibility and building up leaders in game. Say for instance, you know a newer member or two really likes raids, then have them together with the current raid leader plan raids together. Until eventually we have about 6-10 people who can manage the different raids with more being trained up each time. Same goes for PvP, PvE stuff, and recruiting. Building up leaders by delegating power to them incrementally until they are effective at their craft. This way you avoid vaccuums when a member has to leave for a time.
[Image: BRQ8v.gif]