Create an account

Please ensure that you clear your cookies for the site before trying to log in; until cookies are cleared you will experience issues logging/remaining logged in. (April 07, 2020) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gunship Guide

I decided to make a beginners guide for the gunship. These are my personal outlooks and opinions so take them as you will. Contrary to what swtor forums will say, gunships do take skill and a bit to learn.

When you approach the gunship, think of it as the equivalent of artillery on the ground only its in space. Its a fragile, but can be an important piece. Gunships should focus on assisting others in taking down enemy ships or driving them off positions such as satellites. Your top goal should never be trying to chase down kills to have the most possible. The goal is always to win the match. Remember your armor is thin and you're not going to be taking many hits. If you stand around taking hits you're going to get blown up.

Here's things that I use and why I use them:

Primary weapon - Burst lasers

There's times when you will be in close quarters combat with enemy fighters and trying to snipe them at close range may not be an option. Fellow guildmates call it a shotgun and that's exactly why its good to have. When those pesky imps come close to you especially on satellites, give them a couple blasts with this. They've more than helped me out on several occasions.

Secondary weapon - Slug Railgun

This thing is the bread and butter weapon on the gunship. You'll want to use this one to do your primary sniping. +10 damage more or less is trumping the 20% critical.

Secondary weapon - Ion Railgun

You want this to take out shields and disabling other ships. Very, very effective. This will turn an enemy into a sitting duck.

Shields - Distortion Shields

The anti-missile lock on this once upgraded is not only effective but used with barrel roll is an effective combination to frustrate enemy ships.

Engines - Barrel Roll

Sends you forward out which is nice upgraded with 10% speed and is great used with distortion shield's anti-missile lock.

Armor - Reinforced armor

+hp armor is the best I've found.

Magazine - Regen magazine

Regen faster for railguns/burst

Reactor - Regen Reactor

Faster regen

Sensors - Dampening sensors

Helps to cloak you somewhat

Crew Members -

I'm still playing around with crew members but these are 2 that are good for gunship.

Tactical - Treek (dampening senors)
engineering - C2-N2 (decreased cost for engines, etc and increased engine power pool)

(work in progress to be continued):fripper:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Guild Info/Guild Tab Guide Hanak 0 5,819 02-26-2012, 02:50 AM
Last Post: Hanak
  Hammer Station Hard Mode Rough Guide Torinth 0 1,771 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Guardian DPS Guide adun12345 0 2,492 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: