Create an account

Please ensure that you clear your cookies for the site before trying to log in; until cookies are cleared you will experience issues logging/remaining logged in. (April 07, 2020) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Take my latest poll

Yes i'm a poll whore, but I have tons of ideas in my head I can't stop :O

Here is my idea for the character naming filter policy

Here is my other poll for a countersystem for Jedi Knights and Consulars

What's a countersystem? Do you think they will be too overpowered?
"Return with Honor."-Saberwing motto.

Starfire Wrote:What's a countersystem? Do you think they will be too overpowered?

the countersystem is based off from what we seen in the movies where Obi-Wan and Mace absorb force lightning with their lightsabers, while Yoda does it with the force, it's basicly a duration ability where you have a chance to block an enemies attack.

Ummm maybe let the developers actually finish combat and get into a beta to see what they have in store . The meat an potatoes of the whole game have never been revealed . Til it has . you can put up 10000 different polls but it won't mean diddly .

9/10 times the fanboi tools who go with names like Ipwnjo etc are done by the under 10 year old crowd and are not worth my time . Simple mute / ignore / squelch and carry on does wonders . After these nitwits realize no one will play with them they pack up there ball an go back to wow where they can be uber again .
:toilet:

Damnit Kat. I was going to use that name. Now I have to think up a new one. =)
"Return with Honor."-Saberwing motto.

Anytime Star !

kateria Wrote:Ummm maybe let the developers actually finish combat and get into a beta to see what they have in store . The meat an potatoes of the whole game have never been revealed . Til it has . you can put up 10000 different polls but it won't mean diddly .

Well to be fair, if we get into the beta and such things haven't been implemented, odds are they won't be at all. And to say polls don't mean diddly is a bit disingenuous. It's a way for the devs to see what it is their player base wants, after all.

So ? ... The swg beta forums were filled with polls of what the community got . $oE never listend to them . Same thing with blizzard an wow . Why should that trend change with bioware ?

No one in the SWG player based asked for the NGE and many flat out left because of it. BTW, NGE is still there.

Do they listen, sure they do. Are the people who are actually paid to design a game actually going to do what some guy on the forum told them to? Umm NO, they are the ones paid to do that job and they certainly won't be paid anymore if they aren't coming up with the ideas for the game like they are paid to do. People are very happy to champion their own baby but could careless about someone elses. They have plenty of their own ideas they want to see happen and are pushing for. The crazy stuff on the forums is simply not considered in the grand scheme of things because the stuff on the forums doesn't take into consideration the grand scheme.

They have a defined direction they wish to take the game in, good or bad. They will take the game in that direction even if the fans aren't their. They do this because they believe the fans will be there when the time comes and will see their great game as great. Even the people behind the NGE thought this way, until Nov 05 that is.

Also keep in mind, they don't actually own the ideas posted on the forums. They have no interest in getting sued for using an idea they did not pay for. If you really want to see something in the game the best thing to do is shut up about it, say nothing on it and just silently hope someone actually paid to come up with such ideas thinks of it too. As soon as you put the idea out there it becomes toxic. If they dont have documentation they had the idea first, they will let the fan idea lie.
[Image: image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19&dateline=1208027303]

kateria Wrote:So ? ... The swg beta forums were filled with polls of what the community got . $oE never listend to them . Same thing with blizzard an wow . Why should that trend change with bioware ?

Bioware isn't SOE, Bioware cares about quality while SOE only cares about the money

Ummm, yeah, It isn't Bioware any more, it is EA, who makes SOE look good.
[Image: image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19&dateline=1208027303]

Bioware is more known for fixing bugs than listening to the content... the MMO players can not develop for as it is with the posibility of NwN and Dragon Age.

Blizzard is not SoE either... and yet they follow teh same strategy as SoE for development, but merely just doing good stuff and not exactly changing the gameplay to a point of view.

Archangel Wrote:Ummm, yeah, It isn't Bioware any more, it is EA, who makes SOE look good.

Lucasarts has more say than EA does

QuorTek Wrote:Bioware is more known for fixing bugs than listening to the content... the MMO players can not develop for as it is with the posibility of NwN and Dragon Age.

Blizzard is not SoE either... and yet they follow teh same strategy as SoE for development, but merely just doing good stuff and not exactly changing the gameplay to a point of view.

Blizzard has merged with Activision which is even worse company than EA

LA is known for screwing up there games as well or getting them screwed up, Cillian, don't be stubborn.

Only kind of complete companies out there can be counted on one hand.. Valve for an instance to mention one of the hardcores.

Activision actually did some good shit and some bad shit over the years for the blizzard thing... but it is still for blizzard games the people from the old days that is still behind there games I believe.. WarCraft and StarCraft they have made from the beginning... and they got Diablo series as well.

Starwars is a rent out franchise from LA which is different... the people that make the games in general are other companies... but LA publishing it or whatever, it is cheaper for them to earn cash that way.

The merge with Activision probably was a clever strike as Activision to some extend got experience with FPS games... StarCraft 2 engine is supposed to have those features as well.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bioware has listened, offical poll for changing Jedi Wizard AC name Cillian Harth 27 14,042 12-17-2010, 03:49 PM
Last Post: Sonic
  I got Cill's bug and made a poll... Hanak 18 10,640 08-19-2010, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Sonic
  Latest on the Future of TOR adun12345 0 4,395 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: