Create an account

Please ensure that you clear your cookies for the site before trying to log in; until cookies are cleared you will experience issues logging/remaining logged in. (April 07, 2020) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TOR Space Combat

Awesome graphics with LEGO Star Wars style space combat.

GameCon Interview
[Image: BRQ8v.gif]

Give it some time, space is clearly not the focus right now i'm sure it will improve later on.

I may be in the minority, but that looks like a lot of fun. The SWG way of flying in a circle until the enemy ship is in your sights was rather dull...

I agree, the feeling is epic. But the sandbox style is missing...and multiplayer abilities supposedly coming later - I want to see how they will be implemented.

I've said it before and I'll probably say it again. As long as they add features instead of remove them, the game will get better. I think it look like Starfox myself. Which of course I enjoy. But I would like more XvT/SWG style personally. Multiplayer should add that.
"Return with Honor."-Saberwing motto.

By the way, Star... We are discussing a virtual LAN for XvT/BoP gameplay

I liked what I saw in the brief videos on space combat an would be curious to see how well or poorly it pans out . Anyways this games still several months off from being launched so there's alot still to work on . an til it actually launches live were just guess timating and conjecture of what it play like anyways . why let your panties an thongs get into a knot over it ? .

Starfire Wrote:I've said it before and I'll probably say it again. As long as they add features instead of remove them, the game will get better. I think it look like Starfox myself. Which of course I enjoy. But I would like more XvT/SWG style personally. Multiplayer should add that.

I think it looks more like Rebel Assault.

[youtube]rUA7mViZybI[/youtube]

Maybe Julie Eccles will make a cameo! :p
[Image: dervish9bp.jpg]

"Don't be deceived by appearances, Luke. Wookiees aren't simply big shaggy humanoids. They have an ancient culture with subtleties of its own. They are creatures with close ties to nature, and a great affinity in their own way, for the Force." Obi-Wan "Ben" Kenobi, on Wookiees. (Star Wars: A New Hope Audio Drama)

A Virtual Lan? Cool. When we setting this up?
"Return with Honor."-Saberwing motto.

Probably going to work on it some tonight using Hamachi
[Image: sig.jpg]

Myself and Sonic tested it out last night and it worked perfectly other then our rusty flying.

So everyone that wants in find your Balance of Power cd and get the unmanaged version of the program linked above.
[Image: sig.jpg]

And if we don't have BoP? Or XvT for that matter.....

Dervish Wrote:I think it looks more like Rebel Assault.

[youtube]rUA7mViZybI[/youtube]

Maybe Julie Eccles will make a cameo! :p

Wait, Rebel Assault had an ending? I always thought it was one of those "if a tree falls in the woods and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound" sort of things? Damn, someone actually played that game through, who would have thought?
[Image: image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19&dateline=1208027303]

Only good part of the game was where you got to fly a YT-1300.... In my opinion anyways, not that it counts for much

NightFire Wrote:Myself and Sonic tested it out last night and it worked perfectly other then our rusty flying.

So everyone that wants in find your Balance of Power cd and get the unmanaged version of the program linked above.

I'll get them out and have it installed tomorrow I believe.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Space combat confirmed Cillian Harth 26 13,383 08-05-2010, 07:55 AM
Last Post: Meryl Haddox
  Combat in STAR WARS: The Old Republic Cillian Harth 37 20,063 04-29-2010, 11:46 PM
Last Post: kateria
  GDC: BioWare's Walton on Adding Space Combat to Star Wars Galaxies & Customer Retenti Cillian Harth 66 30,546 04-08-2010, 09:49 PM
Last Post: Cillian Harth
  Heard there was a space expansion Red_Dawg 0 2,438 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: