Create an account

Please ensure that you clear your cookies for the site before trying to log in; until cookies are cleared you will experience issues logging/remaining logged in. (April 07, 2020) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Combat in STAR WARS: The Old Republic

Goodbye World of Warcraft

Oddly enough, it looks like combat in SWG.

And there are far better drugs out there than tobacco, yet it is still the overwelming winner. Addictive is well, addictive.
[Image: image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19&dateline=1208027303]

Archangel Wrote:Oddly enough, it looks like combat in SWG.

And there are far better drugs out there than tobacco, yet it is still the overwelming winner. Addictive is well, addictive.

Wait what? it looks nothing like SWG combat, this combat is so much deeper than previous MMO's

Looks a lot like SWG, sabers everywhere, flame throwers, orbital strikes, force lightning, yeah it is all in there with a bit of force unleashed for good measure.

Really, a star wars game is a star wars game. They really cant look too much different from each other.

Archangel Wrote:Looks a lot like SWG, sabers everywhere, flame throwers, orbital strikes, force lightning, yeah it is all in there with a bit of force unleashed for good measure.

Really, a star wars game is a star wars game. They really cant look too much different from each other.

But SWTOR has a more advanced style than SWG, the lightsaber combat is more like what we see in the movies which is what it was intended, and the bounty hunters get grapple hooks by pulling in their opponent close ranged to get a better accurate shot, troopers can charge their weapons to do more damage etc etc

I just want to say that you have to stop this "It's going to kill WoW" crap Cill. You literally cannot say that since ToR is still in development. When it's released, then we'll see, but until then, seriously stop it, it's giving me, and likely a few others here, huge headaches with all your hardcore fanboying

Meryl Haddox Wrote:I just want to say that you have to stop this "It's going to kill WoW" crap Cill. You literally cannot say that since ToR is still in development. When it's released, then we'll see, but until then, seriously stop it, it's giving me, and likely a few others here, huge headaches with all your hardcore fanboying

Just like your fanboying about STO being a great MMO? LOL Tongue

I'm not the first and I certainly I won't be the last who says it Meryl, in fact that quote was implimented from users who posted after watching the combat video. I have praised this game since the beginning and look how it's been turning out so far while there have been doubters I have stayed true to this game and held my head high and kept supporting it, even by giving out my two cents about my ideas on the SWTOR boards which, two of my poll have been huge successes already?

For space content

For a countersystem for Jedi Knight's and Consulars

You see i'll do whatever it takes to make this MMO truly worth playing, so it doesn't hurt to give out your own ideas once in awhile instead of complaining about it.

Cillian Harth Wrote:I'm not the first and I certainly I won't be the last who says it Meryl, in fact that quote was implimented from users who posted after watching the combat video.

...other... fanboys, yes?

Forget it Meryl, he doesn't understand Tongue

That said I did like the video... still doesn't actually show you gameplay really though.
[Image: sig.jpg]

NightFire Wrote:...other... fanboys, yes?

Forget it Meryl, he doesn't understand Tongue

That said I did like the video... still doesn't actually show you gameplay really though.

No I certainly won't be the last who says that SWTOR will be the end of WOW, since alot of players from that community have turned to SWTOR. Since Blizzard has recently teamed up with Activision and has been using Microtransactions.

I concur with Nis . Great video . Are there really any bad videos by Bioware ? .

An til I see this game from inital start ups to teasers of the end game . How group / party / raid encounters occur an play out in tested game play . I'm with Quor in maintaining the on the fence wait an see attitude .

I was stoked an had large geekgasm's with AoC . It went live and it sucked harder then a prostitute on a busy friday night . Sto looked okay for it's space play but in beta it felt like it was just a flight sim in space nothing special . The ground play was horrible .

So given some highly hyped mmo's which all have Failed miserably in balls of fire . I reserve my thoughts on sw:tor until it's released or the open beta hits .

The faster pace of NGE destroyed all the really good animations of SWG. It does look pre-NGE SWG, probably because it has many of the same devs. There is simply more processing power to have slightly better graphics and more precise animations. To be honest though, SWG is 8 years older than TOR yet the graphics and animation are only incremental. TOR seems more on par with guild wars than a modern game.

I agree with mep... it looks like pre-nge SWG... but again it is just a movie we see as well as it does not show any group aspect AT ALL.... fuck it.

play perfect world... yes it is a japanese MMO and it is free to play and got posibility for micro transactions but you don't have to submit to it.

There is another free game coming up that I am going to beta in by the same people behind perfect world.

check out this video here: http://hotk.perfectworld.com/

It looks better than SW:Tor or what they have shown in the video.

If any of you guys would be interested in playing yet another MMO with me I am currently playing perfect world on the dreamweaver server with a couple of elder people LSF wise... with venera tigergoddess and methodman(meth)

Yes it do got a few hello kitty elements but remember it is japanese (some weird typical japanese elements hehe) and can be acquired for free at http://www.perfectworld.com

Cillian Harth Wrote:Just like your fanboying about STO being a great MMO? LOL Tongue

When have I fanboyed STO? I said it's good and you should all come play with me.... I haven't gone apeshit over it and sung high praises like you are about a game that isn't even set for beta just yet........

Your right Nis... I don't think this is working, he's just going to keep being blinded by the light, so to speak, and isn't going to listen to anyone..

QuorTek Wrote:I agree with mep... it looks like pre-nge SWG... but again it is just a movie we see as well as it does not show any group aspect AT ALL.... fuck it.

play perfect world... yes it is a japanese MMO and it is free to play and got posibility for micro transactions but you don't have to submit to it.

There is another free game coming up that I am going to beta in by the same people behind perfect world.

check out this video here: http://hotk.perfectworld.com/

It looks better than SW:Tor or what they have shown in the video.

If any of you guys would be interested in playing yet another MMO with me I am currently playing perfect world on the dreamweaver server with a couple of elder people LSF wise... with venera tigergoddess and methodman(meth)

Yes it do got a few hello kitty elements but remember it is japanese (some weird typical japanese elements hehe) and can be acquired for free at http://www.perfectworld.com

Well guys go here then... and it doesn't even cost $$$ to play. ^_^

Meryl Haddox Wrote:When have I fanboyed STO? I said it's good and you should all come play with me.... I haven't gone apeshit over it and sung high praises like you are about a game that isn't even set for beta just yet........

Your right Nis... I don't think this is working, he's just going to keep being blinded by the light, so to speak, and isn't going to listen to anyone..

beta or not i'm still seeing great potential for this game, why you continue to bitch and chew about the whole thing, i've been on the swtor boards since 2008 almost everyday, if anyone's going to know the in's or out's for swtor it's me and I can tell you right now this will be groundbreaking, it will set the standards for other MMO's.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  House Wars QuorTek 0 2,729 09-01-2012, 12:58 AM
Last Post: QuorTek
  Link to Star Wars Fanfictions Lexa 0 3,325 05-08-2012, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Lexa
  Star Wars: The Old Republic, Return Intro Cinematic Video Cillian Harth 19 9,930 06-13-2011, 09:55 PM
Last Post: Hanak
  Star Wars: The Old Republic - E3 2011 Trailer Cillian Harth 5 4,913 06-04-2011, 09:36 PM
Last Post: NightFire
  Mysteries of Knights of the Old Republic Cillian Harth 22 13,466 09-19-2010, 10:20 PM
Last Post: Starfire
  TOR Space Combat Hanak 23 12,159 09-02-2010, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Hanak
  Space combat confirmed Cillian Harth 26 12,906 08-05-2010, 07:55 AM
Last Post: Meryl Haddox
  Comic-Con 2010: Beyond Solo: Crafting the Multiplayer Story in Star Wars Cillian Harth 5 4,688 08-05-2010, 01:26 AM
Last Post: Starfire
  GDC: BioWare's Walton on Adding Space Combat to Star Wars Galaxies & Customer Retenti Cillian Harth 66 29,371 04-08-2010, 09:49 PM
Last Post: Cillian Harth
  Star Wars: The Old Republic full PAX Demo Cillian Harth 4 4,328 02-03-2010, 07:44 PM
Last Post: QuorTek