Create an account

Please ensure that you clear your cookies for the site before trying to log in; until cookies are cleared you will experience issues logging/remaining logged in. (April 07, 2020) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mysteries of Knights of the Old Republic

Now this is an update

So.... Revan is HK-47? Did I miss that somewhere in SWG? Or... was I clueless to begin with? OR!! Is Bioware pulling a Boba Fett outta their ass?

Sonic Wrote:So.... Revan is HK-47? Did I miss that somewhere in SWG? Or... was I clueless to begin with? OR!! Is Bioware pulling a Boba Fett outta their ass?

Or maybe Revan is still alive? And was able to survive the centuries the sameway the Sith Emperor did? or it's possible he was cloned, based on the rebirth reference.

From the unedited ROTS script:

"ANAKIN: Just help me save Padme's life. I can't live without her.

PALPATINE: To cheat death is a power only one has achieved, but if we work together, I know we can discover the secret. "

--

"YODA: An old friend has learned the path to immortality.

OBI-WAN: Who?

YODA: One who has returned from the netherworld of the Force to train me . . . your old Master, Qui-Gon Jinn.

OBI-WAN: Qui-Gon? But, how could he accomplish this?

YODA: The secret of the Ancient Order of the Whills, he studied. How to commune with him. I will teach you.

OBI-WAN: I will be able to talk with him?

YODA: How to join the Force, he will train you. Your consciousness you will retain, when one with the Force. Even your physical self, perhaps. "

--

Credit to IMDB for the script, can debate as much as we want as to veracity though I'll credit it as much as the Anchorhead scenes in ANH. There's actually a scene where Qui-gon speaks of this to Yoda in a voiceover, probably cut due to Liam's...shall we say...lack of participation. Would not be surprised to see that Order come up again. I know that Palpatine is not the most credible source in the world, but his comment combined with Yoda's knowledge here might hint that Qui-Gon, Obi-wan and Anakin only partially achieved immortality through incomplete study. Lets face it, both Qui-Gon and Obi-wan's studies were CUT short (ah ah ah!) This also explains how Anakin became a glowie at the end of ROTJ, as Palpatine may have revealed, discovered, let him know, whatever, enough to get to that point. OR maybe Palpatine somehow teased the information to Qui-Gon, knowing that he would try to pull this off (and perhaps sensing his impending meeting with Maul.) He might know that it's a one-way street and knowing that he's a glowie instead of fully immortal is a convenient way to remove a powerful enemy.

Other EU sources, indeed the novelization of both Phantom Menace and ROTS themselves, have hinted at Darth Sidious being an entity not always residing within the body of Palpatine, transfer of consciousness and whatnot. Point being, there's many ways that it can be justified that Revan is either a) alive b) reincarnated c) consciousness existing in some way or form.

http://www.imsdb.com/scripts/Star-Wars-R...-Sith.html

Hey, first hypothetical SW argument I've made in years, go easy on me :-p

This is getting Star Trek ish. He fell through a time warp and is infused with temporal particles!!! This has made it so he is his own father!! Aaaaahh!!!

=P
"Return with Honor."-Saberwing motto.

Starfire Wrote:This is getting Star Trek ish. He fell through a time warp and is infused with temporal particles!!! This has made it so he is his own father!! Aaaaahh!!!

=P

And then Revan was a redneck?

nawh , bioware reveals Revan was actually female and ended up the red neck who married chuck norris . :ddd:

kateria Wrote:nawh , bioware reveals Revan was actually female and ended up the red neck who married chuck norris . :ddd:

Or perhaps Revan is really Chuck Norris which explains why he lived...Chuck isn't afraid of Death, but death is afraid of Chuck Norris Big Grin

Cillian Harth Wrote:Or perhaps Revan is really Chuck Norris which explains why he lived...Chuck isn't afraid of Death, but death is afraid of Chuck Norris Big Grin

Or.. perhaps Chuck Norris is really Palpatine who incarnated Spock and conned Nurse Chapel into making him into a woman, so he could be Shmi Skywalker, then die and be reborn again as Luke Skywalker only to be able to kill himself as Palpatine again and thus complete the great chain of life that Zorg speaks about in The 5th Element!!

In all seriousness. If Revan is still alive, I'll rage so hard.

Quinlin Wrote:In all seriousness. If Revan is still alive, I'll rage so hard.

He was probably able to keep himself alive the sameway the Sith Emperor did

Cillian Harth Wrote:He was probably able to keep himself alive the sameway the Sith Emperor did

There's no reason for him to be alive.

Quinlin Wrote:There's no reason for him to be alive.

The same can be said about the Sith Emperor who has been alive since the Great Hyperspace War, yet he lives by using dark rituals, and prolonged his life

Cillian Harth Wrote:The same can be said about the Sith Emperor who has been alive since the Great Hyperspace War, yet he lives by using dark rituals, and prolonged his life

There's a reason the Emperor is alive. He's the main villain. The only reason Revan would still be alive is to appease Revan fanboys.

I never even liked Revan. I was so pissed playing the first game when it was revealed that the character I created wasn't that person at all. Screw Revan, I want to know what happened to the Exile. She was cool.
"Return with Honor."-Saberwing motto.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Star Wars: The Old Republic, Return Intro Cinematic Video Cillian Harth 19 10,356 06-13-2011, 09:55 PM
Last Post: Hanak
  Star Wars: The Old Republic - E3 2011 Trailer Cillian Harth 5 5,104 06-04-2011, 09:36 PM
Last Post: NightFire
  Combat in STAR WARS: The Old Republic Cillian Harth 37 20,054 04-29-2010, 11:46 PM
Last Post: kateria
  Star Wars: The Old Republic full PAX Demo Cillian Harth 4 4,473 02-03-2010, 07:44 PM
Last Post: QuorTek