Create an account

Please ensure that you clear your cookies for the site before trying to log in; until cookies are cleared you will experience issues logging/remaining logged in. (April 07, 2020) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Space combat confirmed

It's about time

Sorry I think I am officially done with starwars :/

might give it a try if you can skip all the dirtside starter crap

:bothan:

I'll probably buy that, since I have the PC Gamer with SWG cover. Just to have the collection. Hopefully this game will end better.

I am interested to see what this space combat will be like, and how it will differ from SWG. I hope I'll be able to use a joystick.

Don't be an anti-stick-in-the-mud (pun intended), Q.. I'll go for it even if I gotta be a ground pounder first.

QuorTek Wrote:Sorry I think I am officially done with starwars :/

might give it a try if you can skip all the dirtside starter crap

How could you resist blasting your way through asteroid fields, enemy fighters, frigates, destroyers, and a variety of other obstacles that will evoke memories of some of the great Star Wars space battles?

It's Q's choice. If he's happy with Perfect World (assuming he's still playing it), then I can't complain. Hate to see him playing a game he had no interest in.

That said, I'm eager to see a video of what space combat will be like.

Rebellion. That's how space combat should be.

Oh yes, Freighter vs Freighter combat...

Who lets Underdark post? Although I do think he brings up a point - if you want to be an Admiral and take command of battles - that would be sweet!

But seriously bro, no.
[Image: BRQ8v.gif]

Someone else still plays Rebellion? Awesome...
"Ghost Legions? Bunch of common criminals... they shouldn't give us any problems sir." - Last transmission of Col. Henry Driver, 4th Tau Ceti Lancers.

Space combat will be pretty sweet

Oh and UNDIES!!!!!! Long time no see :tongue:

I love Rebellion. Yeah, the space battles aren't the best. But the planet stuff was fun. Antares and I used to play that all the time together. I wonder what happened to that old fart. I hope he is doing well.

Oh, and space combat at launch? That would be awesome! I always figured it would be an expansion SWG style.
"Return with Honor."-Saberwing motto.

Rebellion overall is great in concept and how it all plays out. It was just super poor graphics and poor space combat.

I still play it from time to time though. I do like making fleets and going from planet to planet, forming galactic strategies.

Empire at War was better graphics, but much poorer strategic gameplay... a dumbed down version of rebellion.

curious how there are going to do Space combat ? small scale ships ala swg . or large scale fleet actions like eve has . or a bit of both ?

Not really negative here as it is, but I don't want to spend 15 bucks a month for somethign that I can get from a free mmo lol.. that is all.

Thinking more economy wise.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TOR Space Combat Hanak 23 12,647 09-02-2010, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Hanak
  Combat in STAR WARS: The Old Republic Cillian Harth 37 20,049 04-29-2010, 11:46 PM
Last Post: kateria
  GDC: BioWare's Walton on Adding Space Combat to Star Wars Galaxies & Customer Retenti Cillian Harth 66 30,536 04-08-2010, 09:49 PM
Last Post: Cillian Harth
  Heard there was a space expansion Red_Dawg 0 2,436 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: