Create an account

Please ensure that you clear your cookies for the site before trying to log in; until cookies are cleared you will experience issues logging/remaining logged in. (April 07, 2020) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Timeline video: Onslaught of the Sith Empire

Another movie thing showing nothing... I am not taking the bait... I don't know out from this how the stuff work out at all.

If you want to gather intel I think you should focus more on the actual gameplay, it is not personal or anything... but seriously I got no friggen idea about how the game works out or got any gameplay clues at all except from the scarcely presented class show off.

news of the hour .... videos show nothing . More Epic Fail .

Man, you two are cynical. It's more story and that's a good thing. SWG didn't have squat for story and the game was poorer for it. I think this bodes well. Bioware literally hasn't made a stinker yet. Not everyone is like SOE. (Thank goodness.)
"Return with Honor."-Saberwing motto.

I'm surprised Quor and Kat aren't married Tongue but really guys you need to be patient with Bioware, just like Kirby said when has Bioware failed us?

Why do we need to know a story we already know?...

Not cynical... just being honest getting tired of getting no REAL eye candy.. the story is not enough to just sell the game to some demanding customers we want to know about the gameplay.... what the game is alike.. you can even read up on the story everywhere else it is nothing new it is something to sell to teens who know no better and are easely bougth by some cheesy movie.

I want to know about the gameplay.. I want to know how it all works out for us.. I want to get into how it runs but the information is scarce if they are going to sell us a movie with voice dialog where we are the stars in it and just do it 8 times in a row then the game would be forgotten within a year... might as well just play some singleplayer game if the case.

1. Facts I would like to know about.
2. Actual information about the game.
3. Gameplay.
4. endgame.
5. Player interaction between players and such PvE, PvP, RP etc.
6. Respect for the universe.

Above is some of the features I would like to know something about, instead we are getting a 'power point' presentation sort of.

Cillian Harth Wrote:I'm surprised Quor and Kat aren't married Tongue but really guys you need to be patient with Bioware, just like Kirby said when has Bioware failed us?

Bioware Edmonton? Pretty much never. Bioware Austin has never made a video game before though.
[Image: sig.jpg]

I expect a whole year with just random tidbits of info here and there that satisfy none.
[Image: image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19&dateline=1208027303]

I no longer care....... And by that I mean TOR in general.... Perhaps I'll become more excited when it's closer to release date, but for now, it's STO (which is actually awesome, they borrowed from Pirates of the Burning Sea and stuck a Star Trek theme onto it, which is my opinion, is going pretty well so far, i already own 2 tier 2 ships, one cruiser and one science vessel (we'll see how it fairs but the cruiser is kicking ass so far) and also it'll be Mass Effect 2, which will be released this Tuesday Big Grin

Yeah.... gonna be getting into STO myself here... at least long enough to try it out.
"Ghost Legions? Bunch of common criminals... they shouldn't give us any problems sir." - Last transmission of Col. Henry Driver, 4th Tau Ceti Lancers.

Meryl Haddox Wrote:I no longer care....... And by that I mean TOR in general.... Perhaps I'll become more excited when it's closer to release date, but for now, it's STO (which is actually awesome, they borrowed from Pirates of the Burning Sea and stuck a Star Trek theme onto it, which is my opinion, is going pretty well so far, i already own 2 tier 2 ships, one cruiser and one science vessel (we'll see how it fairs but the cruiser is kicking ass so far) and also it'll be Mass Effect 2, which will be released this Tuesday Big Grin

From what I heard STO is a big disappointment

from my beta exposures so dar for sto ... the space portions are phenominaly well done . the on board ship stuff ... pretty bland ... the planet side action . Big failure of apocolyptic proportion.... Add on top of it if you want to be a 7 of 9 fanboi you have to pre order sto AND buy the lifetime membership subscription ... I haven't seen much improvements from early beta to current beta . It'll be popular for about 4 months til the wow factor wears off an your left with die hard trekkies playing the game . That's really all there is geeked about for sto ...

now Mass Effect 2 is looking very very nice . I'm gonna be trying that out .

As for bioware failures , some would suggest fallout 3 , an dragon age origins were minor failures .

An backstory an stuff is fine but between the published fluff an webcomic for tor . were on story overload. Quor's right we should see more meat an guts an instead of glossed over pump action that makes prostitutes envious .

kateria Wrote:from my beta exposures so dar for sto ... the space portions are phenominaly well done . the on board ship stuff ... pretty bland ... the planet side action . Big failure of apocolyptic proportion.... Add on top of it if you want to be a 7 of 9 fanboi you have to pre order sto AND buy the lifetime membership subscription ... I haven't seen much improvements from early beta to current beta . It'll be popular for about 4 months til the wow factor wears off an your left with die hard trekkies playing the game . That's really all there is geeked about for sto ...

now Mass Effect 2 is looking very very nice . I'm gonna be trying that out .

As for bioware failures , some would suggest fallout 3 , an dragon age origins were minor failures .

An backstory an stuff is fine but between the published fluff an webcomic for tor . were on story overload. Quor's right we should see more meat an guts an instead of glossed over pump action that makes prostitutes envious .

Err, I'm pretty sure that Fallout 3 is a Bethesda game actually. And Dragon Age: Origins was far from a failure imo. Still not as good as Baldurs Gate series, but up there. Only real fail was on EA's part with the whole microtransaction BS...

Cillian Harth Wrote:From what I heard STO is a big disappointment

It's also still considered to be in the beta stages....

get used to micro transactions ... it's prolly the way mmo's are going to go down . Alot more money is being made simply off a micro transaction set up .

Okay I was wrong on fallout 3 , I just coulda sworn bioware was involved in it .

Dragon age Orgions I really did enjoy , it was no where near close to baldur's gate . But it was a hella decent attempt for a good set up . The story while it had several plot holes in it to be up there with swiss cheese ... the gameplay was pretty solid . An there were a few nights that ran longer then they shoulda for being addicted to the game . So no it wasn't all bad . Just saying there's several I do know who found the game kinda meh ... average an a lil over hyped .

Tor is too early to tell how it'll end up or what it'll look like once it's released . I'd just like to see more then a mere glimpse of 1 noob area . I'd like to see what if anything space will be like ... what exactly is entailed with crafting . What are vehicles like . what is the end game ? . An once you finish all 8 character stories is that it in the game ? . How custumizable are the characters you create . what sorts of clothing options , or armor options are out there . Will it be all cookiee cutter clones like nge became ? .

Nothing from the tor videos an production diaries have shown any of this .
Til some of those questions are addressed then I'm gonna sit back an comfortbly wait til tor does come round to being launched .

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Whats saberwings alt guild for our sith toons? Cillian Harth 1 3,721 10-30-2012, 08:49 AM
Last Post: adun12345
  Star Wars: The Old Republic, Return Intro Cinematic Video Cillian Harth 19 10,229 06-13-2011, 09:55 PM
Last Post: Hanak
  Game play video Meparch 12 7,316 05-19-2011, 09:21 PM
Last Post: kateria
  Sith Inquisitor Trailer Cillian Harth 0 2,713 05-13-2011, 12:28 PM
Last Post: Cillian Harth
  SWTOR warzones video Cillian Harth 15 10,091 12-05-2010, 08:52 AM
Last Post: Pallos
  Sith Warrior trailer on GameSpot Cillian Harth 3 4,541 06-18-2010, 02:32 PM
Last Post: Sonic