Create an account

Please ensure that you clear your cookies for the site before trying to log in; until cookies are cleared you will experience issues logging/remaining logged in. (April 07, 2020) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Future of Open World PvP

Hey Sabers,

So, I thought this was a fairly interesting discussion on the future of open world PvP in TOR, and what sorts of things would make open-world PvP viable/interesting:

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor...-world-pvp

I thought the point about making rewards group- or guild-oriented was an interesting one - it would be a way to distinguish open-world PvP from WZs (which are more individually-oriented). I also liked the idea of open world PvP leading to world events based on faction success - for example, if the Republic does really well, Republic players get the chance to invade a special Dromund Kaas battleground.

I also sort of liked the idea of trying to tie space combat to open world PvP in some way. I'm not sure how best to go about it, but given the importance of space combat within the Star Wars universe, it seems like the sort of thing that should be integrated somehow.

Thoughts?

Plantside is the single greatest example of open world mmo pvp. Duplicate that and its a winner.
If violence wasn’t your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it. - The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

games like perfect world host regional guild based take over of the realm there.. meaning you can conquer the world if your guild is bad ass enough, anyhow with starwars eyes it would be a way of putting it down faction wise.. this or that being planetary controlled...

and if possible launch invasion possibilities and the likes meaning the imps or reps would be invading the capital planets.

which ever side that has been invaded need to shove the invasion off before being able to invade the opposite factions place.... one thing to this... it should happen in real time meaning no minigame kind of thing though but something you can do anytime of day taking part in the events.

Anyhow this kind of combat should not be going on in the normal instance... but be able to jump to a PvP only one with certain objecives and goals

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thursday 10/18 Open Ops Hanak 3 4,078 10-17-2012, 06:12 PM
Last Post: Shyris
  Open World PvP Event adun12345 0 2,939 10-07-2012, 09:43 AM
Last Post: adun12345
  Tatooine World Bosses Friday! Hanak 3 4,272 04-19-2012, 02:59 AM
Last Post: Marce
  Weekend World Bosses Hanak 10 7,957 02-23-2012, 08:47 AM
Last Post: Hanak
  Daniel Erickson confirms no open beta Cillian Harth 23 11,187 09-07-2011, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Zombie
  Latest on the Future of TOR adun12345 0 4,228 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Thurday 8pm Eastern US Time YAvin Secret World Boss IamtheKrack 0 2,290 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Open world PVP with Pax Dominus! Banakapalata 0 6,075 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Open world pvp event Jan 21st@9 pm EST Cillian Harth 0 2,121 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: