Create an account

Please ensure that you clear your cookies for the site before trying to log in; until cookies are cleared you will experience issues logging/remaining logged in. (April 07, 2020) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saberwing PowerPoint Feedback

I made this over the weekend - I'd appreciate any ideas, questions, etc.

Google Docs version:
SBR GoogleDocs Presentation

Cooler PowerPoint version: (still need to work on the text box alignment)
SBR PowerPoint on Skydrive
[Image: BRQ8v.gif]

looking good D'hors ^

Updated both powerpoints - wish they had the awesome fonts I was using, they look similiar to the TOR website.

Here is an emblem I altered:
[Image: TORrepublicemblem.png]

Free coffee and donuts after if I sit through the whole presentation?
If violence wasn’t your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it. - The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

If you want to come get em. Tongue

I just wanted something for people to understand how Saberwing works since we are unique in our structure/organization.

I think pallos is trying to say you made it too long for most people's attention span. I do the same thing with my powerpoint presentations. You want to include all the info and facts, but in the end, you end up with something much too long. I would set a 5 slide max. It mostly needs information about how we meet up in game and game times, etc.. Basically how do they play with us. The organization only needs one line:

Give kirby shit whenever possible, otherwise, do as you please.
[Image: image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19&dateline=1208027303]

Hmm...yes in the internet world that would be alot. It is right around 15 slides which is perfect for a 5-10 minute presentation.

What we could do is break down each topic as it's own link. I may mess with putting this into a HTML format we could have on the Saberwing webpage.

I took the liberty of making an about us page for SBR. I don't have ftp access or images to actually add to the navigation, but I am sure somebody can do that. Wink

Also, I didn't really make it. But I stole the format of the actual homepage. That way it flows together better. But I am sure changes could be made to it.

I will throw it your way Hanak. (that way it gives you an idea of how to do it)

Thanks bro.

How about the following recruiting slogan

"SBR: if we don't know you, don't bother."

I'm seriously against picking up everyone with a pulse. Its been tried and its failed badly. I think you might have been getting to that point, but as you might have noticed, my ADD kicked in and I went for coffee and donuts. We are a guild of friends, so the best way to game with us is make friends with someone. That's all the more defined our recruiting policy needs to be. If you are someone's friend, you are already going to know everything about the group, because your friends will have told you.
If violence wasn’t your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it. - The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

That's pretty harsh and could turn away a lot of potential recruits. You don't have to pick up everyone you meet that is guild-less. I find the best way to recruit some one is to have them fill out an application, whether you suggest it to them or they here about SBR elsewhere.

Then propose a 2-3 week trial period where they get to know us by grouping, pvp, missions, raids, etc. During the trial period members of SBR will in turn vouch for or disapprove of the applicant. At the end of the trial they either become a member or they do not. That way it incorporates all present members of SBR, which also makes checking the forums on a regular basis more potent.

I would even make it easier on everyone to create the said application, with a little help. I would need someone to help code the php or other language to transfer the data onto the forums. (I have an idea on how to do it, but not entirely sure since I have never done it before.)

Does the presentation and updates to the website help with recruiting - sure. As I've said, I don't have an active recruitment policy for TOR right now - I don't really want one.

What I would like to see is the one activity suggestion I have carry through: At least 2 SBR raids/events/flashpoints/etc per week and 1 pickup group per week. In this way we spread our name around, pick up new ideas, and meet new people - and those are just the 3 I feel like typing at the moment.

Was the presentation for recruitment my main thought - no. I was thinking of people who have been part of SBR in the past but haven't been around for a while. Shreddington for instance, or even Belle could use that information to feel more comfortable with the guild. Or say people from SWG that we all knew and hung out with, already friends but not Sabers - like Torrence (if she were to play TOR).

But I believe what Pallos and what V8POR said hold true - we don't want to pick random people off the streets of Coruscant. If we went with the application, 3 week trial period to build the friendship and comraderie expected of Sabers (unless they are already good friends, also weeds out the weak), and are they willing to commit to the 3 F's: family of Sabers, functionality with the guild, and fun, then I see that as a tough recruitment policy that basically says: "SBR: if we don't know you, don't bother." OR Try really hard and get to know us and then you can bother.

I'm the recruitment officer, so I guess it is my job to keep track of this sorta thing so no one else has to worry about it. Let's get stuff updated at least - it needs done anyways.

Pallos Wrote:How about the following recruiting slogan

"SBR: if we don't know you, don't bother."

I'm seriously against picking up everyone with a pulse. Its been tried and its failed badly. I think you might have been getting to that point, but as you might have noticed, my ADD kicked in and I went for coffee and donuts. We are a guild of friends, so the best way to game with us is make friends with someone. That's all the more defined our recruiting policy needs to be. If you are someone's friend, you are already going to know everything about the group, because your friends will have told you.

I like it =P

If anyone wants anything added to the site let me know and I'll update the thing. I wouldn't mind an about section and what not.

As for recruiting, obviously, no mass recruiting or anything silly like that - which seems like we're all on the same page on.
[Image: sig.jpg]

Yeah, I tend to be direct. If you want to flip it around so that its more friendly, that's all swell, but I think the point stands. If you are grouping with us, and you seem cool, we'll invite you in. That might be three days, that might be three weeks, that might be three months, that may be never.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Saberwing in Ranked Warzones Starfire 19 13,584 07-12-2012, 03:02 PM
Last Post: Snowsilje
  Saberwing Imperial Alts. Starfire 25 14,259 06-19-2012, 03:41 PM
Last Post: Starfire
  Saberwing & Rubat Crystal Starfire 2 3,634 02-22-2012, 05:23 PM
Last Post: Cillian Harth
  Saberwing needs a youtube channel Cillian Harth 15 8,218 07-25-2011, 08:23 PM
Last Post: Starfire
  Here is our chance to promote Saberwing at Guild Headquarters (HQ) Cillian Harth 57 24,723 03-20-2011, 05:57 PM
Last Post: kateria
  Saberwing Ops Hanak 0 6,086 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Parting ways from Saberwing Cillian Harth 0 6,379 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: