Create an account

Please ensure that you clear your cookies for the site before trying to log in; until cookies are cleared you will experience issues logging/remaining logged in. (April 07, 2020) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saberwing in Ranked Warzones

Sabers,

There are quite a few of us that PvP on a regular basis, and I would those that do to join me in playing the new ranked warzones. We are going to need eight people (at the very least) and clearly defined roles for each of us. As much as I love my hybrid spec, I will go either full DPS or healing as needed to fulfill whatever role required. We can set time(s) for this just like a the PvE events. I vote Thursdays in the afternoon. I can also do Fridays, and could stretch Saturday mornings as well.

We can work on our plan of attack depending on who signs up and what our builds are. We are likely going to have some armor issues in the beginning, but that is not as important as PvE. Also, unlike PvE losing gets you something regardless, and we can build our gear as we play. (Or we can just queue in normal until we are all at least battlemaster if necessary. Etc.)

Anyway, The first step is finding out who's up for it. Sound off below if you want to participate. Thanks!
"Return with Honor."-Saberwing motto.

I am definitely up for it with either Marce (tank) or Joonah (dps). For now Marce has the better gear and is fully augmented (some blue augments still though). Both are full battlemaster or better. Having a time set for this is important for me because of my timezone.
[Image: 70da112970815893.png]

Onyx - DPS
Jasper - Heals
[Image: image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19&dateline=1208027303]

Snowsilje -- Tanky type ... Run the ball... Protect others... YAY!
[Image: 31e45c01ee196e1a.png]
[Image: ayuDS.jpg]

Chen'ya DPS/StealthyGetTheDamnDoorOpen/InterdictOnRight/TankAsNeeded

I was gonna list Shayin (Sentinal) and Scythe (Commando) but neither are 50 yet, and I'm better with Chen first.

I'd be game, but I feel as though I might suck compared to all of ya'lls awesomeness.
Cielle- tank Smile
[Image: a88dbc04c9c13c27.png]

Hm. I'm interested, but our surplus of tanks is already showing up.

You know we'd balance it out and get people in where needed. Ciel and I are pretty much of one mind we need to finish getting our War Hero stuff from regular warzones. That will take us a while Big Grin

Plus no one could refute your awesomeness in PvP Gallifreia!
[Image: BRQ8v.gif]

Which means I'll never play then hanak....I do have a few War Hero pieces but am more concerned about getting the rest of my PVP gear to Battlemaster. Guess I've been alot more involved on the PvE side of things, hence the reason I have alot more of that gear.

I also have a bad feeling about setting groups up. Wouldnt it be better to set group compositions up rather than selecting certain people to be in a group? I guess that might be the plan anyways. What I am saying is that I am worried that once a "set" group is composed, it will always be that group together. Meaning that if a certain member wasnt online at the time it would be a "no go" I feel that if there is just a general composition people could step in when needed, not mattering who it is. I feel like I fail alot in PvP and that I could potentially be the weak link which scares me. And the thought of people being left out because they arent the strongest makes me sad too. Anyways, hope I didnt confuse anyone with my rant....
[Image: a88dbc04c9c13c27.png]

It's a game of healers. You must guard and defend your own healers while killing their healers. To that end, you need at least 2 healers, 3 works well too, and a tank for each. Those tanks should be spect to do some tanking and some dps. Everyone needs to CC like crazy and guard the healers while taking down their healers.

It's how the game is played. I fear a good PvE build tank will not do to well in a ranked wz. It is more important they do damage than be an excellent tank since the healers will be the make target. They do need a lot of CC though and they need to damage down those on their healer. A good tank with CCs can do a lot to mess up a healer, so they are good at offense as well, just have to be speced for it.
[Image: image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19&dateline=1208027303]

Gallifreia Wrote:Hm. I'm interested, but our surplus of tanks is already showing up.

Your Battlefield leadership is Second to none!!

Ciel Wrote:Which means I'll never play then hanak....I do have a few War Hero pieces but am more concerned about getting the rest of my PVP gear to Battlemaster. Guess I've been alot more involved on the PvE side of things, hence the reason I have alot more of that gear.

I also have a bad feeling about setting groups up. Wouldnt it be better to set group compositions up rather than selecting certain people to be in a group? I guess that might be the plan anyways. What I am saying is that I am worried that once a "set" group is composed, it will always be that group together. Meaning that if a certain member wasnt online at the time it would be a "no go" I feel that if there is just a general composition people could step in when needed, not mattering who it is. I feel like I fail alot in PvP and that I could potentially be the weak link which scares me. And the thought of people being left out because they arent the strongest makes me sad too. Anyways, hope I didnt confuse anyone with my rant....

No Confusion here, Ciel.... If you want, and you're around... i'll be more than happy to PvP with you! Its my "MOAST FAVORITE THING" and I still need to get my War Hero Saber -- and collect more DPS set gear!
As of One group all the time -- if ther eare like 15 of us, i am sure we can swing people here and there, w/o them getting butthurt or anything. Its like Juggling the Ops teams, you know?
[Image: 31e45c01ee196e1a.png]
[Image: ayuDS.jpg]

I agree a lot with Ciel. I think we need to go by composition first, because teams without healing or with too many tanks probably will get flattened in most matches.

I think we should try to get people used to playing together and also be a bit flexible.. maybe developing a lot of 4-character groups that are balanced for games together. Put any two 4-character groups together and we get a viable 8-person ranked team.

(I know, I know, I only have 1 character to offer so far.. well, I have a couple of imp side alts now - identities secret! - and I have a Smuggler created at level 1. I'll bring more to the table eventually.)

I'm also still working unranked games to complete my War Hero gear, and will group with Sabers whenever I can.

Will try to gear up my Sentinel for ranked too as it looks like we have many tanks already and no Sentinels at all. Not everyone needs (or has the time) to have 2 or more characters to choose from. Let those who do switch so we get a good group composition and we'll manage to get everyone into the group most of the time.

And Ciel, getting the rest of your battlemaster gear should not take too long. If you do the pvp daily every day you'll have it all quickly.
[Image: 70da112970815893.png]

I'm still a few weeks away from 50, but when I hit, I'll have a dps vanguard ready to go.
If violence wasn’t your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it. - The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

I have Emit with the Scrapper Scoundrel
and Lemule as the tanky type.

Lemule will probably be virtually useless in ranked WZ though(other than Huttball), her DPS stinks, And I've heard this vicious rumor that shields don't work like they should in PvP.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Saberwing Imperial Alts. Starfire 25 14,674 06-19-2012, 03:41 PM
Last Post: Starfire
  Ranked PVP Lets do this! Oldbroad 5 5,432 04-18-2012, 10:48 AM
Last Post: QuorTek
  Saberwing & Rubat Crystal Starfire 2 3,736 02-22-2012, 05:23 PM
Last Post: Cillian Harth
  Saberwing PowerPoint Feedback Hanak 28 13,190 08-01-2011, 07:51 PM
Last Post: Reillytrooper
  Saberwing needs a youtube channel Cillian Harth 15 8,566 07-25-2011, 08:23 PM
Last Post: Starfire
  Here is our chance to promote Saberwing at Guild Headquarters (HQ) Cillian Harth 57 25,660 03-20-2011, 05:57 PM
Last Post: kateria
  SWTOR warzones video Cillian Harth 15 10,117 12-05-2010, 08:52 AM
Last Post: Pallos
  Saberwing Ops Hanak 0 6,292 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Team ranked pvp event Saturday @ 4 pm EST Cillian Harth 0 1,849 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Parting ways from Saberwing Cillian Harth 0 6,544 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: