Create an account

Please ensure that you clear your cookies for the site before trying to log in; until cookies are cleared you will experience issues logging/remaining logged in. (April 07, 2020) x

Poll: Which name do you prefer?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Gniwrebas (Saberwing backwards)
0%
0 0%
Sabercult
44.44%
8 44.44%
Sabrecult (A play on the Imperials are usually British thing)
44.44%
8 44.44%
Darksaber
11.11%
2 11.11%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saberwing Imperial Alts.

All,

There has been a lot of talk lately about playing Imperial characters. I thought I should address this.

As many of you know, I am strongly against the idea of Saberwing ever becoming Imperial affiliated, and that stance has not changed. However, this game is designed to showcase eight different character story arcs, and it seems unfair to limit everyone based on my wishes.

So I propose a compromise. Since most of you are already playing Imperial characters on other servers and the legacy system is set up to reward playing as many characters as possible, I suggest we create a guild on Rubat Crystal for our Imperial alts to congregate. I ask that we do not recruit in this guild unless the person knows we are Republic based and always will be. This guild will simply exist for the purpose of allowing our members to experience all the game has to offer while not having to leave the community we have created.

That said, we have come up with four different names for this potential guild and I ask that you please vote on one. Conversely, if you completely disagree with this choice then post as much. I want everyone's thoughts on this matter, and I will consider inaction as consent. The poll will remain open for a week.
"Return with Honor."-Saberwing motto.

I disagree on this . If were going to do a sith guild . Is it going to be for pvp ? for RP ? for a place to escape the boredom of being republic ? A change of pace / scenery ?

We have an oppertunity to have the sith guild set up on a different server , one which better supports the needs for the goals of the sith guild .

the four name choices two appear to be spelled the exact same way so I'm not seeing the play on words .

Not everyone is going to play sith , an not everyone who has a sith alt or alts are going to be full time sith . But keeping a sith guild on the same dead end server ,saberwing is on . Will promote people to play more on the sith side then the republic side and vice versa. Who or how will this so called sith guild be lead ? .

I'm not seeing any legwork on these details . A clearer picture needs to be presented outlining the purpose of the sith guild , what it stands for , what it's about an what it's goals are an what the guild hopes to accomplish . These things should be clarified before just randomly setting up a guild , that is setting up for failure to rush in an not research things through .

WE already made the mistake of rubat crystal for the main guild . A server with a declining population , and a server where none of our guild allies / enemies were assigned too . We don't have allies , just loose connections formed with others through pvp .

Anyways , Kirby asked for opinions an thoughts . I've said my half cent .

I'm not going to present options , it'll result in certain indivduals being retarded and flame or cry about refusing to go play sith alts on a different server . Sides I'm not paid to come up with working solutions . That's not my pay grade .

Umm, gosh, er, ahhh, I thought the alt guild was just for a change of pace. I dont know what to say to that post Kat ......
/kowtow

Tiberious Respec Jedi CL 90, Dang that Dreded NGE

Tibber D'tiger Officer CL 46, Recpec Ent Lvl 90

Return with Honor

SW:TOR Beta Testing Squadron 238

Thank you for your opinions Kat. I appreciate the feedback.

I'm reiterating myself a bit here, but I don't know how else to put it. The Sith guild will serve one purpose only. To let us play Imperial alts, thus experiencing all the game has to offer. It's not going to be a serious guild in any sense of the word. We are not going to put effort into this other than it being merely an extension of Saberwing for us to fart around with. For example, I myself have four imperial alts on Rubat Crystal and many of our members have some as well. With this guild I can level those characters alongside my friends I have played with for over a decade. Just a laid back, casual approach to seeing how the other side lives. No recruiting. No structure. Just an adjustment to the needs of the new game we find ourselves playing. Since it is just that, leadership is not required. Leading would require organization, which this will not have. It's just for leveling alts. Nothing more. If true dedicated Imperial play is wanted, Saberwing has never been the place, and it isn't going to start now.

As to why it is on Rubat Crystal and not another server? The legacy system is one reason. That mechanic is kept to a single server at the moment, and I don't see that changing. We will be rewarded for playing as many alts as possible. This would help enable that. Also, I would never in a billion years have our guild split between both two factions and two servers. That's just a recipe for disaster. At least while all of us are on Rubat Crystal (regardless of faction) we can communicate through Teamspeak. Besides, there will be server merges within months at this rate, and we will go along with that flow when the time comes. No need to rush it.

Thank you for your votes everyone, keep them coming.

Re-reading your post Kat, I noticed I didn't comment on the name differences. One of the Sabercult's is spelled the same way we spell the wing, s a b e r. The other one has the r in front of the e. Which if I'm not mistaken is more of an English spelling. You would know better than I. =)

And to be even more clearer Kat, WE did not pick Rubat Crystal. It was picked randomly for Saberwing. Imp guild is for alts who just want to get away.

Kirby, why are you set on there being server mergers? 1.7 subs and 2 mill copies sold is not something that would suggest server mergers

I just think 125 servers is a bit much. Time will tell I suppose.

LOL! A tie.

It looks like Saber(Sabre)cult is the winner. Now I just have to figure out how to break the tie. Coin toss perhaps? Paper rock scissors? Confusedmile:

I could edit the poll for you Tongue
[Image: sig.jpg]

Actually, Ciel wanted to vote, but some hobbit forgot to give her permissions for the boards.

Her vote is for 'Sabercult'
[Image: BRQ8v.gif]

Server merging is inevitable. This game is no WoW killer. Frankly, I'm fairly sure there never will be. WoW hit at a point in time where the old stand-bys like Everquest and DoAC were dying. It was just easy enough for the casuals, and gear based so it was addictive as crack. When the big game studios saw that happen, well you saw what happened to SWG. The stock watchers are already saying its looking like 1.7 million subscribers and 2 million box sales isn't enough to cover the nearly $100,000,000 to make, and LA takes 33% of all sales right off the top.

That said, merging is months and months down the road.
If violence wasn’t your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it. - The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

Well then, I think we have our name with that last vote. I'll be on Friday most of the afternoon and evening, so we can get four of us together then to get it started.

Thanks again all!

Bah, Sabrecult woulda been cooler
[Image: sig.jpg]

I actually like Sabrecult instead of Saber for a sith guild name, it makes it more unique

Speaking of which, because of my late schedule, this hasn't been created yet. I have some time available this Friday, and can do it then. We are pretty active on Friday's so I don't think it will be a problem.

Sabercult is live. To get in talk to Polgara, Scythe, Nisdain, or myself and we will get you an invite.

Please remember that this is a guild for our alts only. I'd ask that we not recruit any Imperials and that our normal standards of conduct still apply.

Thanks all!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Saberwing in Ranked Warzones Starfire 19 14,037 07-12-2012, 03:02 PM
Last Post: Snowsilje
  Saberwing & Rubat Crystal Starfire 2 3,763 02-22-2012, 05:23 PM
Last Post: Cillian Harth
  Saberwing PowerPoint Feedback Hanak 28 13,302 08-01-2011, 07:51 PM
Last Post: Reillytrooper
  Saberwing needs a youtube channel Cillian Harth 15 8,635 07-25-2011, 08:23 PM
Last Post: Starfire
  Here is our chance to promote Saberwing at Guild Headquarters (HQ) Cillian Harth 57 25,847 03-20-2011, 05:57 PM
Last Post: kateria
  Saberwing Ops Hanak 0 6,328 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Parting ways from Saberwing Cillian Harth 0 6,567 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: